Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

Used LR2 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Over 230K and still "truckin"

LR2 Driver, 07/25/2017
HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is an excellent value. Vehicle maneuvers like no other, engine still very strong and does not burn oil. We have had some smaller issues, post warranty expiration totaling $3000 out of pocket spend. No complaints. Car is paid for, and looks and runs super. Would buy another LR2 in a flash.

Initial impressions

Chris, 03/03/2010
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased an 08 SE model with 20k on it. Glad I didn't listen to the elitist, jaded reviews of car journalists (this site included) and decided on a test drive. The LR2 is a 4200 pound truck, it is not meant to take off like a rocket ship or handle like a Ferrari. That said, anyone not pretending to be Mario Andretti should be well satisfied by its power and cornering ability. The ride is very comfortable even on cratered NYC streets. Had a great time passing people who were out of control and stuck during a recent snow storm. Good fit and finish to the interior. The controls are a little busy and some are hard to use/find without looking. Will submit an update after a year.

1,000 Mile Review

roverfanatic7, 12/20/2012
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car a few weeks ago. I wanted an SUV and was having trouble deciding. First, I looked at the FJ Cruiser. Love that car, reliable, safe, fun to drive and a great offroader. However, the visibility was horrible. Next, I looked at the Nissan Xterra. The price was very high considering the features. Then, I looked at the Acura RDX. I liked it, but found it small and didn't have a strong offroad capability. I also looked at the Jeep Liberty, but found the ride horrible despite the nice interior and features. So, I stumbled upon this LR2. I wanted to stay away from Land Rover because of the reliability. However, this car has it all. No problems yet! Look below at the features!

I really like mine!

Erik Rooney, 03/10/2016
HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my LR2 for just a couple of weeks. I'm really impressed with the overall quality and craftsmanship. I do my own maintenance so I can't say the repair cost is out of range. I would recommend this to a family member. I'm sure there are better SUV's, but if you don't want to blend into the crowd, I recommend the Land Rover product. I did have to have a pulley repaired. It cost $300. I don't necessarily agree with the engineering. It seems to be over complicated. I still love my Land Rover though. Also my starter failed. The engineer is have it right at the bottom of the motor. It took me about 5 minutes to change.

My First Rover!

Monebyrd, 07/24/2016
HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I went to the dealership in April,I was looking at an X5 but it was a diesel engine and I was nervous about put gas in it by accident. I was very skeptical of this Landie due to the poor reliability reviews. I made sure I was able to check the history of the truck and it was corporate for 9 months then the owner had it for 6.7years was serviced in the here in the Northeast. I bought it with a warranty as well as my mechanic went over it and changed the oil and brakes for me. I have the cold package with heated seats as well as heated windshield. Love how high it sits. The ride is awesome. Not quick as the Beamer but I luv the fact you can go anywhere in Style and safety. The previous owner took very good care of it! was not afraid of the miles. It does burn oil. I had to replace a quart before oil change (synthetic)premium gas.Plan on keeping it for awhile.update 9 months with 121k driver window regulator is going out but the truck is sound. Stay on top of maintenance. I plan on keeping this until the wheels fall off. If you find a well taken care of Rover, you will be fine. Update: 150 k no significant work except oil change. Runs great!!will keep until the wheels fall off!!1/25/18 Update 1/25/2019 truck has 156890 motor mounts replaced in October 2018. Oil changed on the regular. Battery changed in April 2018.Runs great. Have to change the muffler but does not affect the truck. Luv it! If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Never left me stranded 🙏🏾Update 7/2019 synthetic oil change every 5-7 thousand miles. Replaced the muffler . Luv it! No problems🙌🏾🙌🏾Update 1/2020 Computer module had to be replaced at dealer bc my mechanic didn’t have the software. Key fob had to be replaced bc the original was worn out. Battery had to be replaced $1155 at dealership very expensive bill and that was a break bc the key fob is normally $500 diagnosed $205/hour then two weeks later starter went out towed to mechanic $540. Not including tow from my mechanic to Dealership $160. I really didn’t have any expensive repairs until going into year 4 . When they hit they hit hard so beware. I will Rock it . It is unique looks good and I wasn’t stranded anywhere( i was at home , nothing would come on) the alarm randomly goes off reading it could be a sensor so watching. Daily driver but I do have a 2016 Acura MDX for back up.7/29/2020.radiator system replaced $1500 and coil packs $160 each with spark plugs. Still got him but pricey.still got the MDX as back up. 174k solid truck still turn heads but now after 4 years of ownership. I am fixing things and the mechanic say it’s a Rover.

12345...25