Skip to main content
MSRP Starting at
$36,690

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Sorento Hybrid, so we've included reviews for other years of the Sorento Hybrid since its last redesign.

Trading Places

감사합니다, 02/18/2021
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Roomy, tech-loaded, efficient, and safe. My first hybrid, but third Kia product. After having some (relatively) trouble-free products, I decided to try another one from Kia. So far, so good. I had to get used to a car that does not make any sound or vibrant but it has been good. For it's size, I get good fuel economy. The best (and sometimes worst) features are the car nannies. Even though I cut them off most of the time, when I use them, they work spectacularly well together. Think of it like Tesla Autopilot-lite. Adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, active steering assist, and frontal collision mitigation pretty much drive for you!!

2022 KIA Sorrento Hybrid EX

THE HYBRID GUY, 01/21/2022
2022 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We are fascinated with the interiors and how the car exterior looks. Technology is paired with 2022. Ours have the sunroof and my wife loves it. The engine feels so much more powerful than the Mitsubishi Outlander 2018 PHEV we owned before. The major disappointment for us has been the mpg. It states 39 mpg city and 35 mpg highway and 37 mpg combined. Our combine has been about 28 mpg with 80% highway and 20% city. When we do 50/50 we may get around the 32 mpg combine. I was hoping to get at minimum 33 mpg given that the majority of my wife driving is highway and the vehicle advertisement states 35 mpg on highways. We are trying the smart setting to see if is better than Eco on the highways. If you drive mainly cities you may get up to 39 mpg. We paid about $48k out the door all included and traded of our 2018 car. MPG 3/5, exterior 5/5, interior 5/5, power 4/5.

So far so good

Mark, 03/25/2021
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought the Sorento after researching mid size SUV'S. Can't beat the price for the Kia warranty and the amenities that come with it. We got the hybrid and are more than happy with the mileage. My kids love the panoramic sunroof! With the 3rd row seats down (which they will be 99% of the time) there is plenty of cargo room and the rear seats have enough leg and head room for somebody over 6' tall. My only complaints at this time would be that the infotainment system has not been easy to connect my android phone to. Seems like I'm jumping thru a lot of hoops to get connected and navigate all of the screens. My other complaint would be the backup beeping. You cannot turn it down or off!! I understand the reasoning behind it, but think that it's unnecessary. My Dodge Durango is very quiet when it's running and doesn't need a backing beep so I don't buy the idea that an EV needs to make noise to warn people it's moving. And if it is necessary, why is the speaker in the grill, facing forward, and not in the rear bumper? We have only had it for two months now but so far, so good.

Prestige line

6'6" Mike, 12/04/2022
2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid SX Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The safety features, lane assist, side cameras, top down 360 view, ventilated front seats, and overall smooth ride make this feel like a luxury vehicle in a more affordable price range. I'm 6'6" 290 pounds and have no problems fitting in this vehicle comfortably. Second and Third row seating flip down to unveil an incredibly massive cargo area capable of holding two or three full Costco cartloads of items. Cons: No sunglass holder. Vents don't seem sturdy enough for clip on accessories. Piano black interior finish areas retain fingerprints and scratches very easily.

Large luxury with 40mpg

Jeffrey Swayngim, 03/21/2021
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This big SUV has everything a vehicle can (except ventilated seats). The seats are incredibly comfortable, the performance matches that of a V6, the cargo capacity it astronomically large, the technology is top notch, the driving assistance does all but stop for gas, and most importantly, the gas mileage is unbelievable. I’m getting 40mpg in the city with a large luxury SUV. I love the panoramic roof, and parking is a breeze with the back up camera and front and rear parking sensors. This car has every feature you can search for in a car that doesn’t cost $75k or more, is absolutely gorgeous, and it does all this with the best auto warranty in the industry.