2018 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Stranger things
By Tginct

2018 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like but I dont but I like it. Didn't handle well in high wind and rain too noisy/scary. I'm 5'8 lots of seating customization but couldn't get it right when I was seated comfortable for the ride, I couldn't see well. Also had reaching issue at atm, idk. Im not sure what the brakining feature is but if you coast at low speed the car brakes on its own/jerks. Where you put gas in is cheap looking an akward. I used it for a month, I liked the ride and back up camera and all inside features.

Love Love Love my car!
By Danell

2018 Kia Optima S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is super spacious, great on gas, and has a great exterior look to it! I receive so many compliments on my car and I love taking it for a drive. Sometimes the USB port for ApplePlay acts a little funky but I usually unplug and plug my USB charger right back in and it works fine after that. My last car was a Kia Forte which I loved as well but the Optima was the perfect upgrade for me. Overall, Kia has treated me great :)

Legroom and comfort
By Steve F

2018 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Long time Accord owner who just couldn’t take the lack of legroom any longer. The Optima has loads of room and my power seats (upgraded) are so comfortable. The technology in the car is great and I’m loving the quiet ride. So much quieter than the Accords. Can’t be this great looking car for the money!

Get up and Go power!
By Cheri Dickinson

2018 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It is a real nice car for a midsize sedan. Good on gas and everything feels tight and comfortable.

4Th Optima since 2011
By Anthony G

2018 Kia Optima S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned many optimas, i loved the 2011 lx and the 2012 SXl, they were both great. The 2014 lx i owned, had the engine recall and after the repair the engine light stayed on. I decided to purchase the New 2018 Kia Optima S. Pros- Great styling, it picks up and goes and with 3 driving modes its pretty cool, love the Apple car play, love the sport style leather interior, led fog and rear lights. Cons- I have a hard shift from 2nd to first when slowing down, The brakes occasionally squeal (i live in Texas and it gets hot so no moisture should be causing them to squeal. The apple car play freezes sometimes. I purchased my car in October of 2017 so ive had it almost a year. Overall its great on gas, comfortable on long trips, great sound system, looks sporty and stylish. I think this is my last run with the Optima.