Used 2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

K.I.A. Keep It Away
By JL

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Cheap made with cheap parts. Good looks is all it’s got.

One of the best I’ve owed
By Jennie

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’m loved this car the first time I drove it. Came with a great warranty and always serviced it with the dealer. It’s comfortable in front seat and back. So much space that my friends always like me to drive. And don’t mind because I like to be in control and always get to be in the front seat. I had problems with engine and warranty replace with new engine at82000 miles.

Best ever sedan
By Don P

Continuously maintained

Still Fun & Fast!
By Gary Honn

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchase this vehicle new back in 2011. I traded in a 2009 G8 GXP with 425 horsepower. The 274 horsepower turbo in this car, although not as powerful, it is still a lot of fun! I put over 92,000 miles on this vehicle, and it still looks like new. There is very little wear on the interior and only the occasional Stone chip in the paint up front. I can still get 35 miles per gallon on the highway and I get around 22 in the city. Over 70 miles an hour the fuel economy drops but I expect that. I've had a few issues with this car common nothing mechanical, and it really only had to change the oil at schedule interval. I thought it a bit risky when I first bought this car, because it was a Kia, but have no regrets! In fact I've been looking at newer vehicles and I'm really not sure how I'm going to part with this vehicle. It has been outstanding and given me many years of enjoyable driving. I have the top-of-the-line SX, with the Technology & Premium Touring packages, and it's still as fun today as it was the day I bought it. My only complaint is the padding in the front seats . When driving long distances, I find myself wishing for a bit more padding, otherwise no issues. The heated and cooled seats are awesome and work great. The navigation is easy to use and with voice activation, it's nearly hands-free. The fact that it works when the vehicle is moving is even more of an enhancement. At 92,000 miles I'm still on my original brakes. This car has met or exceeded all of my expectations!

Parts prices are rediculous.
By Kelly Conroy

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My daughter 2011 Optima needs a new Ignition switch. I called the auto parts and they are $450.00 Really ? That's outrageous ! Never buy one of these cars. She has constant problems with it.