Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Love this car
By Robin

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Kia new. I love the way it handles. It has a sleek design. It was priced right... in the seven years I've had it, I have done nothing more than put on a new set of tires, alignment, new battery, and oil/fluid changes. I would have had it seven more years had someone not rear-ended me hard and totaled it. I will now buy another new Forte Koup EX.

Kia Forte SX - From 0 - 225k Miles
By Tim C.

2010 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Kia Forte SX Sedan with manual transmission brand new back in August 0f 2010. I had fallen on some pretty challenging financial times and owned a very unreliable used American made automobile. I shopped around heavily in attempt to find something reliable but also within my financial means to get around to work and to tote my little daughter around safely. I visited the Kia dealership in Ann Arbor, MI. They had this model sitting in the show room. I was looking for something less in cost, but they were very motivated to move out this particular vehicle due to it being a manual, which in that area was a tough sell for the market the dealership was in. I preferred owning a manual transmission, so I drove it, loved it, and the dealer worked out a great deal to help me help them. Fast forward to November of 2017 ... I have 225,000 original miles on the engine. Vehicle runs like it did the day I bought it. The body is in near mind condition with zero rust. Most amazing is that I have never had to replace the clutch or any part of the manual transmission! 225k miles with the original clutch! I've never owned a car where I had so little to repair while keeping up on basic maintenance and service. I just recently decided to hand over the keys to this wonderful ride over to my teenage daughter who I taught to drive a manual. She is new at it all, but also loves the car that she grew up riding around in. I'm not sure how many more miles that quick little Forte SX has left in it, but I'm anticipating many more safe and reliable miles to go. Hats off to Kia Motors!

Reliable
By Lee P

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a reliable inexpensive vehicle this is the one. I have 170k miles and have had any issues. It has been an excellent commuter car but not exciting.

Cute, fun to drive and reliable
By LisaB

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my wife's car. We've had it for 7 years and other than the basic brakes, tires and battery replacements, it has been flawless. The wife loved the cuteness of it and I admit it has a fun sporty look. Performance wise it is fine, as you might expect from a small car it can beat you up a little on rough roads but overall it has a good ride. It is quick but not fast and is good on gas. I'd say for us it was a winner.

The Red Baron
By Jeff Hunter

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great small car