2019 INFINITI QX50 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX50 model:

Driving is believing
By cc2HHI17

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Purchased the QX 50 AWD Essential; Lunar White, tan interior a couple of weeks ago. Have driven it over 1,000 mikes already and loving it. The ride is exceptionaly smooth, quiet, and refined. The Bose audio is spectacular and the zero gravity front leather seats rival Volvo’s best. If you are looking for a spacious CUV that is not too large with luxurious appoiments and great MPG, this is the one. Terrific value.

Luxury SUV, roomy and fun to drive
By Chris

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We actually stopped at the Infiniti dealership looking for a used QX50 and then saw this car. We ended up buying a 2019 Qx50 Essential and love the car. Good pick up, the engine takes some time to get used to. Roomy, huge backseat with great legroom, excellent cargo space. Go get one!

Drivers' Car ...
By PDX-Max

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I picked this car a couple of weeks back & have put about 1500 miles on it. The most recent being a 1000 mile vacation trip my family.

5 of us, all adults ranging from 5 feet to 6 feet, average build, had no problems on our 3 day vacation trip. The cargo room was large enough, with some room to spare, to hold our baggage, camp food, water, light winter clothing, medical+emergency box, etc. The second row passenger space seated 3 of us comfortably & for about an hour or so, I sat in the back and yielded the wheel to my son since I was falling asleep after a heavy lunch.

The QX50 handled the roads like a champ & the torque was available immediately. FWIW, I drove the whole route in the Standard drive mode. True, the get-out-of-the-gate lag is there & is noticeable. But once you get past that initial 3 to 5 seconds, the SUV is yours to play with. Transmission is smooth & I do prefer the CVT after it starts to get going. Driving through the canyons from John Day to I84 was a breeze. The car stayed glued to the road and drove in the direction I pointed. And I knew I had power if I needed it. (Side note: For a few days I drove this in the sport mode & did not notice the start up lag. It shows up in the eco & standard mode for me.)

Our car is loaded with the Proactive & Sensory package. And we made use of the safety systems to its fullest. Keeping the car in a straight line with slight curves @ 80mph on I5 & I84 was no brainer. (Yes Iget assist with a radar detector as well.). Stop & Go traffic is not a problem - except a small peeve: I would like the car to start driving the moment it senses the other car start to move. But yes, this can be construed as a safety issue, necessitating driver interaction.

The auto high beam was blessing as well, along with the 'foot kick' to open the trunk. I personally like the dual screens - one for nav & the other for entertainment. Some people don't; but I prefer having one screen for nav constanly as opposed to doubling up for other functions. I prefer the physical controls as well; but the placement of the climate on/off switch is odd imho.

The car is silent & all the 5 of us were able to hold conversation without raising our voices or such. Creature comforts abounds in the car & we do miss the front thigh extension; the massager, etc. But for the price vs features, this car is a bargain.

Some of my issues:
- We got the lifestyle hitch & it sits deeply & away from the public eye. Great, except some of the bike racks don't have that depth. This will mean an hitch extension purchase.
- I did not figure out if there was a way to transfer music to local hard drive - if present. If not, then its a bummer since the USB needs to be there permanently.
- No access to apps like Spotify, Pandora, etc. And no Android Auto.
- More & more SUVs are having storage space under the electronic shifter; but this one does not. Not sure why this could not have been accomodated.
- Speaking of shifter, you shift forard to reverse & shift back to drive. Guess, you get used to it. :-)
- The side mirros don't auto fold.
- No rear seat heat.

FWIW, we started our (re)search with about 10 SUVs ranging from MKX, Q5, XC60 & 90, CX9, Edge, Fpace, GLS, GLE, XKT, etc. We narrowed it down to XC90, QX50, MKX. We wrote out our needs/wants & price/value for these and settled on the QX50. Time will tell, especially with the CVT, if this is a good buy. But for now, I think I got a good one. The car looks great - check, drives like a sports car - check, good fuel economy (based on drive mode) - check, fuel range in excess of 320 miles to the tank - check, creature comforts - check, safety & driving aids - check.

Good value for the price paid.

Amazing Vehicle
By Rick

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Honestly, you soak in luxury sitting in this vehicle. It's amazingly comfortable and wonderful to drive. I love all the features and love the MPG for a heavy car like this.

New engine needs work
By Bob D

2019 INFINITI QX50 LUXE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Test drove this new model at the dealer and was not impressed. I have been driving Infiniti products for almost 30 years and it seems that the more tech that they put into new models the worse the product becomes. The style of this new model was a plus along with the interior room and look. The problems showed up in the driving. I found the power to be surging while in city traffic and while on the highway the power was slow to show up when I needed it. The feel of the wheel just feels artificial due to the intelligent steering system. The same problem I experienced on my Q50 when that model was first introduced. Braking felt soft and I just didn't trust it. This vehicle is just not for me.