2019 INFINITI QX50 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 INFINITI QX50 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX50 model:

Great car but could be better
By Larry T

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Most reviewers comment on the tranny. I agree generally but do you really drive like Mario Andretti? Didn’t think so. the transverse CVT gives enormous cabin space when compared to a longitudinal arrangement. I would, however, do away with the fake shifts. Total waste. Same with the shift paddles. Again, am I driving like Mario or a middle aged suburbanite? instead they should spend the $ on something useful - like ventilated seats at the trim level I bought. I love this on my wife’s 2018 Lexus NX. Overall I think the car is great. Getting 31.8 mpg highway. Plenty of torque at every rpm level. Seats are great. Car is very quiet except on hard acceleration. As I previously owned a 2015 q50, I am used to the info/nav systems and generally consider them better than many. Sure apple play would be nice but I really don’t see it as a big issue. One negative is Infiniti Touch. Nothing but problems with setting it up. Still not working. Steering is crisp and responsive. I think they fixed the old issues with the fly by wire.

DANGEROUS LEMON
By jason

2019 INFINITI QX50 PURE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

do not buy this car or the nissan rouge if they have run flat tires. I have had my car for 4 months and got a routine flat tire. i was perplexed when I found no spare in the car. i took the infiniti to the nearest dealership who told me the run flat tires cannot be patched. they must be replaced. the car does not come with a spare. so 12 days later I am still waiting for the OEM replacement from japan, india, or china-who knows. I get on average 3 flat tires a year because of the heavy home construction in southern CA, and 40k miles a year I put on any car. if you want a car that you cannot drive anywhere, this is the car for you! I cannot drive to vegas, phoenix, anywhere, because there are no services for 75-100 miles in the middle of the desert. I cannot wait in the 115 degree heat for a tow truck that will take 4 hours to get to me. this run flat no spare tire is an asinine idea, and a serious consumer safety threat. I now have to replace all 4 tires with Michelins that can be patched and I still will not have a spare... I do not want to lug around a 5th rim and tire in my passenger seat, or smell that stink in the cabin. so, if you want to pay $1300 for a rental car and $325 dollars for a replacement tire, and have no spare, and have the car down for 45 days a year THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU. demand the tire replacement and a spare/jack b 4 buying. or die in the desert, get robbed, raped or murdered, waiting for a tow truck. I paid 41800 on an msrp of 47800.

Wow
By Yeoj

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Was in the market for a small luxury SUV so we headed out to drive all the German and Japanese competition. Started with the X3, great car seats were a little tight for me and equipped drove the price/lease out of contenting. Next up MB GLC300 same as it was 3 years ago. No thanks. Audi Q5 does everything good but was not wowed in any way. On to the QX50 best overall when you include size, safety, technology, gas performance and lease payment. I found it odd that it was $100 cheaper in a lease than the German rivals that priced 10k less.

2019 Infiniti QX50 A/C Air Conditioning Issue
By 2019InfinitiQX50

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Love everything about the car. The new engine is fun to drive and gets amazing gas mileage. But, being in Texas during a brutal summer the Air Conditioner A/C cannot keep up. It gets warm when you accelerate and fades in and out. Been to dealer say's its working as designed of course.

Defective Glass
By Michael

2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

All the windows in the car had defects in the glass. The windshield was so bad it affected visibility when driving into the sun. Infiniti replaced the windshield but the new one had the same defects. So at this point in time I would avoid Infiniti vehicles, or at least the QX50.