Used 2003 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews - 861 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Great car
By Kristina

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car was great until my oil pump went out and blew a cylinder then the cost was insane with specialty parts and shipping. The car ride and drove great steering was ok lot of front end work had to be done which was expensive as well.

Fun car, just don't daily drive it
By Jay

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2003 G35 Coupe from the original owner with around 65k miles on it at the time of purchase. I owned the car from 2009 to 2012 and put around 70k miles on it being that it was my daily driver. This car is incredible fun; it's very fast, has one of the best stock exhaust notes of any car at its price, has a huge sunroof, and just looks great. At least the powertrain (engine, transmission) was very reliable; I never had any breakdowns or costly engine or transmission repairs the entire time I owned it. However that's where my praise ends for this car. This car is only meant to be driven in dry or wet condition, NEVER snow or ice. This car is very dangerous to drive in any amount of snow; I nearly wrecked mine several times in very mild snow, and mind you I am experienced in driving in snow and have never had nearly this much trouble driving in the white stuff in any car I've ever driven, even other RWD cars. I threw some snow tires on it at one point and it barely improved its reliability in the snow. But enough about snow driving. This car's biggest flaw is its electrical system. Less than 2-months after buying the car the trunk stopped opening with the switch up front and the geniuses at Nissan did not put any way to open it from the outside the car. I essentially had to fold the rear seats down and pull the emergency latch if I ever wanted to use it, which I rarely did given how much of a pain that is. The entire center control panel which included the radio and climate controls started acting like it was possessed around 100k miles; it would randomly shut off and then come back on, and occasionally blast AC and the only way to stop it was to shut the car off and hope it didn't happen again when you restarted it. The CD player also ate one of my CDs before it stopped working. All the interior lights eventually stopped working all at once too, including the gauge lights which made this car impossible to drive at night. It would have cost me around $2000 to get the electrical issues fixed, at which point I knew it was time to let the G35 go. Overall, I'd only recommend low milage examples of this specific year and model, and also people who only plan on taking it out occasionally or heavily modifying them. Definitely would not recommend this car to anyone who plans on using it daily, especially if you may have to drive it in snow.

A Sport Sedan
By ken moles

2003 INFINITI G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The G35 is a 350Z with 2 doors added. Many parts are the same for both cars. The 2003 thru 2006 body style is leaner & a tad smaller than subsequent incarnations. Outward visibility both front & rear are good with this body. Newer ones will require a rear-view camera

My G35
By Jerry

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Check for oil consumption

03 Sedan w/ 115k & counting!
By Osider760

2003 INFINITI G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this sedan back in 2015 w/ only 103k miles and I'm now at 115k. It has not let me down since (knock on wood). Great smaller sedan w/ performance. Fast & Drives well. Since purchased I've had the change timing belts, brakes, spark plugs, tires & the camshaft sensor. I guess the camshaft sensor is notorious for going out on Nissan's. Found a local shop that changed it for $180 w/ OEM parts. All of these are expected routine maintenance. IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR VEHICLE, IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. It shifts smooth and has a lot of power when you step on the pedal. Fuel economy is okay, I get about 180 miles per tank fill, all city driving for me. I've heard these cars can go over 200k miles. I've seen an ad in our local Infiniti dealer with the same year/make/model that has 255k miles on it! I like the 4300k HID headlights, leather is in outstanding condition, moonroof, BOSE speaker system. I will update this review and things come up and/or I hit more mileage. Overall, great reliable car. Won't let you down.