Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

15 Years and 285,000 Miles Later
By slane920

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I still love this car. I bought it brand new in 2003 and drive it every day and still enjoy driving it. Every time I drive another vehicle, I miss my car and breathe a sigh of relief when I'm back in my Tiburon. It's fun to drive, responsive, and accelerates with strength as soon as I put my foot on the gas. Plus, this thing has hauled tons of stuff for me over the years, including two mountain bikes at the same time with the rear and passenger seats folded down and the hatch fully closed! I plan to get 300,000 miles from it. Although I'd love to continue well past that, and I believe the engine and transmission would let me, the lower section of the doors are dealing with a good bit of rust that just doesn't seem quite worth repairing. Even the gas mileage is still competitive with what I'm seeing offered these days. I average about 27 mpg on my typical, suburban commute.

Red Tiburon 2.0L
By Romy Velezquez

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This must be a collector's item. A 2003 model and yet its design is contemporary and a head turner for a sportsca

Great car for a young person
By Mark

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 03 GT in 2008 with 76k on it. The dealer I got it from said they fixed an AC line and needed tires to meet MD inspection. I drove the car like I stole it everyday and it never let me down! I sold it in 2012 with 156k on the clock. When I owned it all I replaced was a wheel bearing, the clutch and radiator. Other than that it was just the normal oil, tires, breaks. The car was very fun to drive made ok power and was pertly good looking for a hyundi. NOTE its a small car backs seats do not fit anyone over 5'5''. I had a chevy before this car and that thing was a money pit very happy I owned the Tiburon when I did. Great car!

Best car I've ever owned
By JD M.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Owned the car between 2002 when they first were being sold until 2015. Put 88k on it, and never had any problems. Would buy again if they still were being made.

Great car
By stefan willey

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)