Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Review from a pro
By Dale DB

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I am a ride share driver. I drive 2,000 miles a month. This car is extremely comfortable to sit in and drive. Besides looking terrific you want to be comfortable in your car. With the technology package or the Limited trim, this car has everything that a 12 cylinder Mercedes and stretch limo has. Ventilated and heated seats, rear side window shades. Rear window shade that automatically goes down when you back up. Enormous panoramic sunroof. Widest driver seat ever because the power controls to adjust the seat are on the door and not on the lower left side of the seat. Therefore they didn’t need to leave an empty space for your arm to fit between the door and seat to access the seats power controls, thus they used that room to widen the seat. Very comfortable. Lots more bells and whistles, but as many as a $70,000 cars. Enjoy yourself when you drive!!

Wonda hyndai
By Judi

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Great car but visibility bad for short people, sold it for suv for better biew.

Great first 2 years
By Bernie

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Has declined over the last three years

Excellent - watch out Toyota
By Rufus Morison

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have two Azeras, a 2006 Limited and a 2013 Tech. The attention to detail on both is very good. The 2013 is a great travel car and the back seats are very comfortable, we have yet to discover a problem with this car. The panoramic sun-moon roof functions as expected and the heating/cooling is even. The rear window power shade is a great feature. Highway mileage is ~30 mpg. Instrumentation is thoughtful. It is unfortunate that the Azera will no longer be manufactured after 2017.

Snazzy Azzy
By Livewiremd

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I am a previous owner of a new 2006 Azera Limited. That car was newly re-designed and different so I gave it a try .....with NO regrets! I still own that one and it is running trouble free at 160,000 miles with very minimal service of any type. I admit I sometimes skimped on oil changes too! When the newly designed 2012 model came out, I was so impressed by the "look" that I kept my eye on them. As an excuse to go shopping again, I gave my 2006 to my oldest and purchased a 2013 from a dealer with 44,000 miles. This car has it all! I looked and found a "midnight blue" which is spectacular! It actually looks like different colors depending on the angle of the sun. A bit hard to keep clean but it is beautiful and sets off the chrome accents around the car. The 2006 Azera came with the 3.8 L V6 while the 2013 has a 3.3 L GDI V6. The smaller engine seems almost as smooth and powerful as the larger but it has increased horse power and I can get 32 MPG highway at 80 MPH! The cabin is more like a jet airplane with great materials and feel. Seats are extremely nice and the AC cooled seats really give a nice effect when you're hot. There are a lot of options in this car and it took me a few weeks to learn them all. The technology package throws in the kitchen sink. The full size tinted panorama roof is IMPRESSIVE! This may overwhelm people who prefer more basic controls but I love them. The sound system is 550W and powerful. May think of upgrading the speakers. The car even has a cooled glove box!! One of my biggest complaints about the 2006 Azera was poor headlights, even with xenon bulbs. My 2013 has pure white HID low beams which really improve visibility. One thing to note is that in USA, a used Hyundai 100K mile warranty reduces to 60K but that still beats most makers and I had any warranty issues on the 2006 fixed immediately and for free every time. My main issues with the 2013 are (improved) but still numb feel at steering and road noise and feel on rough roads with the stock tires. If this car is as reliable as the 2006 then I will be back for a third Hyundai in the future. If you like to be unique and stand out in the crowd, and impress all who ride with you, this car has the most bang for the buck and can be found reasonably priced in the used market. This car is for someone who likes to be different from the crowd and I personally think the 2013 Azera looks better that the newer Hyundais or Genesis models.