Used 2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Pilot for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

It’s a minivan not an SUV

Renee, 02/16/2019
EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I heard wonderful things about the Honda pilot so I bought one and I tried to return it immediately. I felt like it had a sewing machine for an engine. It had absolutely no pick up. My husband drove it and asked if it was a four-cylinder. I owned a Ford Explorer previously and missed it tremendously after driving the pilot. Technology in the pilot is equivalent to a 2011 vehicle. If you want any sort of luxury you have to buy the elite touring model which is almost as much money as Lexus or Lincoln not worth the money horrible drive can’t wait to get rid of this thing, I feel like I’m in a minivan. I paid a lot of money for this vehicle and am embarrassed to have fallen for a false reputation.

2018 Honda Pilot EX FWD

Glenn, 09/14/2018
EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Do some research. Go to YouTube for more details about this model.

Miss my Chrystler badly

Toni, 04/07/2019
EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The pilot is not impressive at all. The safety features are terrible. Unfortunately I leased it for 3 years now am stuck with a car I am not happy with. Gas tank is so small I am at the gas station every few days A year and a half later just dislike my Honda pilot. I even hate the fact I have a year and a half left with this car that I don't feel safe. So I only have less good to say about the car. I think it stinks that you don't have any recourse when after 1 week I knew this was not a car that I wanted. But I was screwed at that point all I have left is the fact I only have 11/2 years left with this vehicle. I can't wait to be able to get out of the lease. I hate this vehicle.

Honda Pilot

Alan Kessel, 09/08/2018
Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Honda gives a $500.00 Discount if use Honda financing. Also military discount

Better than a Highlander !!

John Coffay, 05/02/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2003 Pilot and a 2008 Toyota Highlander....the Pilot is better in several ways!

Great deal on a great car

Carl Southerland, 08/22/2018
Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I love the Honda Pilate and I got a great deal from the cloesest Honda dealer

Car Crush

DTaggart, 08/03/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased our 2018 Honda Pilot EX-L. After only 519 miles, I have fallen head over heels for our new car. Fuel economy is at least equal or better than our 2013 aFord Escape Titanium. In terms of cargo, comfort and performance, the Pilot is a dream. Can't wait to take it on a long road trip.

More than I expected

RL Cook, 01/15/2019
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Surprised at the fuel economy. On a 2500 mile trip averaged 29 MPG. In town not as good, but it is a heavy vehicle.

Longtime owner of Honda's

FrankMontgomery, 01/15/2019
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 3rd Honda-drove our 2006 Pilot for 187,500 miles and bought 2018 this past December-have 1273 miles so far and very much like the room, visibility, comfort, styling and new electronics. Wish the front seats were a little ,wider more "plush"(and we are not large people). Honda is reliable.

I can't believe how loud the suspension is!!!

Warren N., 03/23/2019
EX-L w/Honda Sensing 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tire and wind noise is low for this segment. We didn't observe any unusual sounds, and the V6 engine emits a pleasant snarl at high rpm. Passengers are isolated from the outside elements to an impressive degree. – this is the quote from Edmunds. I have a 2018 Honda Pilot that thumps and creates loud drumming noises from the suspension. The front end also rattles over smaller imperfections at low speeds. I had always wonders why neighbors would look at me coming down the street in a new car that sounded like a jalopy! Only 5,000 miles on it. Thank God I only leased it!!!

The Rattler

Elizabeth, 04/01/2019
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loved my previous 2006 pilot! Upgraded this year. The sunroof on the interior rattles. Brought it in once and they said it was fixed. It's not. They are willing to take another look at it. Also the 3rd row didn't come with a floor mat. Weird, I think they forgot to put it in. I feel like I got a used car even though it was brand new. Hate the black carpet. It is lousy material and cheap. My 2006 had better plush carpet and it was gray, so much nicer. The carpet in the backseat is already wearing and I've only had it 4 months. Hopefully Honda will look at the interior and see they shouldn't go cheap!

Seats are extreme hard. Salesman was not honest

CAD, 05/12/2019
Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We did not realize how hard and uncomfortable the front seats were until we took a trip from Texas to Florida. We had to stop every hour and a half due to pain in hip, moving down back side of leg. Very difficult to lean on the middle console, since there is not one. Thinking that the small arm rest may be part of the discomfort. When we purchased the vehicle we were told that it would have the hands free back hatch opener (foot wave) and would have signals on the mirrors to notify us of cars next to us. This vehicle has neither one of those options. If the seats were more comfortable, I could almost get over the other two in-truths we were told. I don’t see we will be able to use this $45000 vehicle for retirement traveling. Update: Contacted sales manager 3 times and never received a call back. During one conversation he suggested we buy cushions for the vehicle. For the price we paid, should we really have to purchase cushions? Attempted a trade in 6 months ago and would lose almost $7000 so decided to keep it and try again. May do that this December. Will definitely go back to Toyota or Chevy. Will never step foot in another Honda dealership!!

Happy Honda Owner

NHHonda2018, 01/22/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Honda (EX-L) and it replaced our 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited. We compared it with the Toyota Highlander, and the additional space, comfort, and refinement of the Honda convinced us to get the pilot. Nearly 2 years in and 30,000 miles, the car has been fantastic. I am hoping that it remains the case for 8+ more years as the Hyundai set the bar pretty high.

Why haven’t we been driving an AWD before now!

kenjac, 01/24/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We both luv our AWD Honda Pilot EX-L! We like the way it hugs the road whether we are driving in snow or rain. Traded in a van for this suv with all the safety features!

Our 2018 Pilot EXL AWD so far gives us no regrets.

Oddio03, 07/03/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We now have over 40k miles and it still runs and drives as well as when it was new. On some of the other reviews on here that are not as good I believe they are because they have the higher trim models (Touring and Elite) that have the newer push button 9 speed transmission (not perfected yet) and the Honda sensing (Too much new high tech, Also not perfected yet). IMO they were not worth the extra cost for what you get and that engine start stop feature that you cannot turn off permanently, I will not be surprised when complaints about having the starter replaced prematurely start to appear.

All good except for transmission

LLA in TN, 08/23/2020
Touring 4dr SUV w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I leased my '18 Pilot Touring because I wanted all the new safety measures my old '09 Honda Pilot Touring didn't. I love the new (to me) features that make me a much better driver, BUT...that automatic transmission is unpredictable enough that I will not be buying it off lease. In order to successfully accelerate from a stopped or slow roll you have to push the A button along with the D (drive) button to keep from lunging forward, hesitating, then lunging forward again, especially on the hilly roads here in TN. Sometimes the A button drops off and you're left with the lunging/hesitation when you least expect it. I took it to my Honda dealer after driving for only about 200 miles because I thought it was a faulty transmission. The service tech explained that this was how the transmission worked, and Honda was getting a lot of complaints about this. I cannot trust Honda transmissions enough to ever buy another Honda; this after having owned 3 previous Hondas that I drove forever with no problems. Other than this issue, that for me is a deal breaker, the Pilot has had no issues of any kind after having driven only 13k miles since 3/18. I would have more mileage but for the above described. issue. this

51050