Used 2000 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Yukon XL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Truck

Pshaddock, 03/02/2003
2500 SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

This has by far been the best truck that I have ever owned. The difference between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton is amazing. Better brakes and suspension for starters makes the 3/4 ton worth the extra money. According to Edmunds if I sold it today, I could sell it for almost what I have in it. I guess people are willing to pay big money for 4wd and 3/4 ton features.

Solid Machine

TG, 01/21/2009
2500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Ordered truck new when 3/4 tons became avaialble. Ordered the 40/20/40 front seating, a big help when using the truck as a P/U filling the entire back, which is why I bought a truck and not a soccer mom SUV. rdered with 3.73 gears and put taller LT235/85/R16 tires. With the combo I get 17 mpg on the highway, with 2000 lbs of stuff and cruising at 70 mph. Has been very reliable, not to say that I have not had to have repairs done, most expensive was replacement of the exhaust manifold bolts, 3 broke off, mechanic said it was a design fault. New bolts were much beefier. Can tow 10K lbs with ease. If you are looking for economy, by a Prius, but I would not want to drive it for 16 hours.

excellent

manuel, 08/25/2002
2500 SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

i found this vehicle to be far superior to its compeditor the excursion in all aspects including style, comfort, and handling.

PROBLEMS WITH THE INTERIOR OF THE TRUCK

CMR2366, 01/29/2003
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I LOVE MY CAR BUT THE ONLY THING IS THE PAINT ON THE INSIDE BY THE GLOVE BOX IS ALREADY PEELING OFF i've only had my truck for four years and this is already happening but other than that everything else is great.

Buy One!

Joeqc, 07/20/2003
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this used 2000 Yukon XL after researching for a Suburban/Excursion for a better part of a year. Anyways, the vehicle is outstanding, even as a used unit. The 5.3 really pulls in the mid range,and the mileage is about 13.3 in town, and I got 17, and 17.5 highway driving 70-75, with the air on!,,,also the kids love the view from it and size.

bignfun suv

monkeybleu, 01/02/2004
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my yukon xl to haul myself and dogs to dog shows. Not only was it great for this, but a comfortable car for local driving. It is very convenient that you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back of the vehicle with the third seat removed and the second row folded down. Love the heated leather seats in the winter. The vehicle has needed a few repairs that no preventative maintenence could have avoided. Other than the reliability issue, it's a great car.

Suburban's the only way to go

burbs4me, 03/20/2004
2500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm now on my 5th suburban/yukon... they are just the greatest..my most recent purchase, 2000 gmc/xl model, w/quad 4 seating is fantastic.. these vehicles can do it all, and with great reliability. i dont think i'll never not own one...

2000 Yukon XL

Earl RIce, 01/19/2007
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the most comfortable trucks I've ever owned. It pulls a 7500lb travel trailer with no problems. The only repair I've needed since purchasing it new is the front hub assembly which wasn't difficult to replace. I did replace the OEM hitch because of failures on other GM trucks. This has been a great truck to own and I will buy another when the time comes. I hope they will put a diesel in the Suburban/Yukon XL line.

44000 Miles of Fun

wsolveson, 03/06/2002
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I think I bought the first Yukon XL in town. This one was built at the GM plant in Mexico and has had the best quality of any vehicle I have ever owned. Awesome sound system. Trailers my 21 ft. boat smoothly.

Loyal Yukon Owner

JR, 10/21/2007
1500 SLT 4dr SUV

Best vehicle ever for long trips, most comfortable because of the seats. Great ride when replaced original tires with Michelins cross terrain suv's.

51050