Used 2000 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon XL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Featured obsolescence

Hooker, 04/19/2004
1500 SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

Shortly after purchase the fuel pump made noises, and was informed that they will last 100K+, died at 68K, relpaced for $1K. Routine maintenance discovered bad bearings in front differential, informed that this is not unusual!!! repaired for $1.5K.

Solid Purchase

JSchaeffer, 06/06/2004
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased this vehicle in 2002; serves as my company car and also family trip wagon. Engine and transmission very solid, good handling for a platform of this size. Avg 19mpg interstate, about 14 in town. 4WD very effective on ski trips; upgraded from Firestone to Michelin at 50K miles - worth the extra cost in ride and reduced noise

Endless Major Repairs

ck123, 08/22/2004
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned the vehicle for 13 mths. There have been major repairs. I have spend more time and money on repairs on this GMC than on my three previous vehicles combined in 12 years- Acura,Honda and Nissan. GMC repairs include: 4 wheel drive control switch, fuel pump/sending unit, front wheel bearings, power DR-side window motor. The fuel pump has been the most dangerous to date: the vehicle stalled without warning while travelling on I-40. Power brakes & steering were lost; I drifted until the vehicle came to a stop. The fuel pump had already been changed once and all power window motors had been replaced twice because of failure.

Love My Yukon

Yukon XL owner, 10/04/2006
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our Yukon XL. There is always plenty of room for all of our kids stuff. It's safe. I can see well down the road to avoid potential problems on the freeway. People don't try to "run me over" like when I'm in a smaller vehicle. Of course it sucks down the gas like crazy, but we still love it. Makes launching a boat a piece of cake too.

unhappy

Sharon, 03/15/2002
2500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had the yukon back to the dealer meny times, for a water leak it took them over one year to fix it also burns oil and front end has a knock, I had ment with gmc and they were to buy it back, and when that day came the went back on the deal. This yukon has had 42 ingeriesas they are called, it has left me stranded two differnt times.windows dont work all the time, seats dont work, Garage door opener dont work but once in awhile.

12345...6