Used 2000 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon XL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

UNHAPPY Yukon XL SLT OWNER

unhappy owner, 06/11/2002
1500 SLT 4dr SUV

This truck has MAJOR electricial problems!!! It has left me stranded 5 times. Thank GOD for cell phones. (I am over my warrenty 49,000)The dealer even said when a truck starts blowing fuses left and right and leaving you on the side of the road like mine it is time to trade. They said it could take tons of money to figure out what the cause of that would be. I to have had my rear windows either refuse to roll up or down. It has a loud whine in the engine most of the time as well. I am looking to upgrade to the 2003 asap! I will buy the highest millage warenty though!!! I love the room but I two bought A LEMON!!!!

GOOD BUY

TCLIF, 08/29/2003
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

LAZY BOY ON WHEELS

So long GMC!

jimb, 09/11/2003
1500 SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

We switched from a pathfinder to a yukon for the extra torque and room, but this yukon has been a lemon! I cried the day it came off warranty. Here's what's been worked on: - pasenger window motor failed - brake lines rerouted per recall - steering linkage rebuilt - those darn running lamps - 3 replaced - abs module ($1k) Plus the doors squeek and the car groans on full-rotate-turn. To top it all off, GM service departments are the worst I know in terms of scheduling, turn-around, accomodation (e.g loaner or shuttle)

Buyer Beware!

Disappointed Owner!, 01/24/2004
1500 SLT 4dr SUV

I spent over $40,000 for this truck and have had MANY problems which have not been fixed. Here is a list of the problems...the fuel pump screams which it did not do when new and dealer trys to claim that it is normal, has major electrical problems which the dealers would do quick fixes that would last a month or so and then the original problems would return, The truck cuts out like it is going to die at a stop and then after a few seconds of pressing accelerator it kicks/jumps back in, both running lamps and brake lights had to be replaced, window motors went out plus much much more. Now surprise surprise, no more warranty! Buyer beware!

Lots of Repairs

wthtlh, 04/10/2004
1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has had many major repairs for the price paid. At first, many problems with the brakes (funny noise),after warranty went out air- ride shock went out (very expensive!), air conditioner unit(very, very expensive, fuel pump along with several little things. Think this vehicle should last longer for what I paid Have 82000 miles and ready to get another vehicle, NOT GMC

12345...6