Used 2003 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Electronic Nightmare

Terry Jackson, 09/07/2009
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle has been one electrical problem after another. I have had two starter ignition switches replaced, the starter, two batteries, the ACcontrol panel driverside thermostat is bad. There's aclicking sound under the dashboard (have yet to troubleshoot that as well as a clicking sound on the right aft side of the truck when I turn the defrost on. This is the worst vehicle I have ever own and I swear I will never buy GMC again. The interior is cheaply put together rattles far too much and the interior lighting is poor lit.

2003 Envoy review

gord, 10/11/2006
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At the end of the warranty, I had the car checked and all was fine. I was told nothing to worry about. 6,000 miles later and after the warranty expired, that same dealer provided me with an estimate of almost $2,000 to repair an oil seal, the links, brakes, etc. The SUV runs well, is a smooth running vehicle, but does not seem to be that reliable. Most of my mileage is highway between Canada and Florida, so we do not travel on rough roads that could affect this vehicle. Except for some trim problems at the beginning, a seat module control that had to be replaced (Cost of this module was (900$, but covered under warranty, and an oil leak, I have had no other problems with this vehicle.

Got my money's worth

BeSwift, 01/19/2010
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. Outstanding reliability. Now is 8 yrs old, has 203k. Up til now, NO major problems (starter, battery, etc). Now stuff is starting to go up, but heck, with 200k plus miles, it SHOULD! I maintain my vehicles and am looking for a low milage used replacement for it now. Best vehicle I've owned.. Not perfect, but pretty damn good!

I love the Envoy so much I bought anothe

Cynthia Lampkin, 05/17/2010
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a white 2003 GMC Envoy and that vehicle was the best suv around. Not only was my vehicle stylish it was very safe. I totaled my 2003Envoy and even thou I hit a concret wall that ruck was so safe that I walked away with jhust bruises. The a-frame was bent but the glass didn't break and because that Truck was so well made it held me in my seat and I didn't get tossed around nor did my truch flip over. I really loved those contour seats and the size, performance made me go out and buy a 2004 GMC Envoy same color. I shopped around for other SUV's but nothing compared to my Envoy. I really enjoy this truck and will purchase another GMC vehicle. I can not say enough about my Envoy's

been a good vehicle

Anthony, 02/10/2016
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got my envoy around 3 yes ago and it only had one problem was the water pump but other then that it rides god and does everything thing I use it for and my 4 kids like it and hasn't let me down.

New owner, impressed so far!

nt1078, 04/02/2014
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We picked up our used 2003 Envoy a few weeks ago. It is the seven passenger model with 4x4 and every option imaginable. Everything works on the truck as it should. I read this vehicle is known for electrical problems but we have not experienced any. Previous owner took good care of it, as we plan to. Tried out the 4x4 the other night in the snow, and it was sure footed and felt safe on the road. Very pleased so far. Looking forward to towing our little trailer this summer for camping fun!

2003 SLT is excellent.

steve, 08/10/2008
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I just bought a used SLT we cannot believe all of the features this vehicle has. Overall comfort is outstanding. It drives like a dream.

Great Vehicle

steve, 09/03/2008
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great little SUV. Have had no problems other than a wheel bearing at 65K. Very luxurious. Has every option under the sun and is very well built. I would buy it in a heartbeat again. The only thing I would like different is maybe a little better mileage but for an SUV that's what you get, so you live with it.

Love It

Armaheadon, 06/21/2004
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used Envoy. After reading reviews, I opted for the 2003 over the 2002. I really love the truck and don't have any complaints. I did get the SLT with all of the extra options. The difference between the SLE and SLT are night and day if you like comfort. I wouldn't have bought the SLE version. It's a truck..not a car-based SUV. With that in mind.. there are only positive things to say about this vehicle. Comfortable, stylish, and very roomy for its class. I average about 20mpg..which isn't great.. but I wouldn't be driving a powerful SUV if that concerned me. Over all I would reccomend the Envoy SLT.

So far so good

Sherry, 04/08/2009
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this from the original owner, so far i love it i previously owned a equinox and the ride is so much better in this the interior is awesome and the leather seats are very comfortable, the only things i find could be improver is where the front cupholders are at and the back seat should be further back cause theres not much leg room back there.

12345...14