Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons

Ford Wagon

THWSR, 11/13/2003
SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 97 Taurus on the 2003 Taurus wagon. This model was chosen due to our need to combine extra space and decent gas mileage. Price was an option and resale value not important as we keep our cars for a long period of time. Personally, I don't think you can beat this model for reliability, room, comfort and price. We did not buy new vehicle but chose a program car with 13,300 miles on it. This saved on cost & depreciation. Having had a van in the past we wouldn't be getting 24mgp as we are averaging in overall mileage. Very satisfied with this vehicle! A good sensible vehicle!

Love My Taurus

CarolC, 01/18/2004
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 SE had the upgrade package with spoiler, drivers lumbar seat, CD changer, etc, which except for some detailing on the exterior is just like the SES, but costing a couple grand less. This is the only sedan in this price range, where I can stretch my legs out to drive in, other makes didn't have enough leg room for the driver. Rides VERY quiet, great radio/Cassette and CD player, Gas mileage as expected.. 20 around town.

Disappointed

Dave, 02/09/2006
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in our Chevy minivan to buy a new Taurus because we have a family, and wanted a car to get better fuel economy. What a big mistake! From day one this car has gotten the worst fuel mileage of anything I have ever owned. The stated fuel mileage is suppose to be 26mpg highway, HA what a joke, we're lucky to get 19mpg. We don't drive fast (55 to 65), and the dealer said the car is fine. Our minivan (Chevy Astro) got 23mpg on the highway steadily, even though is was 1500lbs heavier and had a bigger engine, and my 4 x 4 Dodge with 95,000 miles gets 20mpg! I wish I had never bought this piece of junk.

A GREAT VALUE

LOVETAURUS, 03/05/2004
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 Taurus previous to this 2004 car and there are improvements. The new "driver adapting" transmission shifts perfectly. The base engine seems more powerful and quieter than in the past. You don't really need to buy the more expensive Duratec engine. Power peddles, power seat and standard 6 cylinder engine make this car an extremely comfortable long distance car. Taurus has been at the top of the list of the safest full size cars (Insurance Institute) for a number of model years. I found no quality faults when this car was first delivered. I still have not found any faults.

excellent car!

glen1, 04/09/2004
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the car is super to travel in.excellent room for travels and or daily commutes.

12345...30