Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons

04 Taurus

avenge69, 07/04/2006
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First off, this is our 3rd Taurus. All 3 have had no problems at all. You cannot beat this car for the money, reliability, features, safety, and comfort. This is a well made and safe car. Even after 2, we had tested out a new Camry and Altima. Once in the Taurus again it was just a better fit with a less "tinny" feel overall. Just being hit in this car down the whole driver's side without a scratch makes you appreciate the safety and the way the car held up. People can say what they want but this is a very good looking American car you can trust. We are on our 3rd for a reason. I guess the next car will be a Fusion or a Five Hundred.

Troubled Taurus

Big_Guy_Green, 08/12/2008
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The week after my girlfriend bought this car with 43000mi on it, she took it on a trip from central MN to Colorado. They encountered problems the entire way! It stalled 3 times in the mountains, twice needing to be jumped, and once more when they got back in MN. 5 trips to the dealer and 3 batteries later, we thought it was fixed. Now whenever the temp gets above 65 it will sputter at idle and accelerate like tortuise for the first 150 feet. Also, we started learning why this car is called "disposable" when parts started falling off and breaking in the interior. Not to mention the annoying heat shield rattle and fuel cap sensor! At least it gets 28mpg avg. We'll get a Malibu next time.

Reliable car

Nicos, 06/19/2009
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus new for $17,000 out the door. I put 120,000 miles on it by the time I sold it in Feb 2009. The car was great, comfortable and had good accelaration at higher sppeds. The only problem I had after the warranty expired was I had to replace the bushing between the transmission and engine. Otherwise it was 100% reliable.

Pretty good

Trex, 12/21/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car off a Ford dealer in 2006 with 25K miles for $10K. It needed tires about 2 years ago and I put on the expensive Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. This team of tires and vehicle has been the best traction I have ever had in a 2 WD car. I began using it as a courier vehicle part time in 2008, putting on average 40K miles a year. Just went past 125K with only one $150 repair, and oil changes. Feels like I will break 200K getting 25-26 mpg highway and 19-22 city. I gave a little up on mpg for superior traction in all weather with these great tires. It's great to pass a stuck 4 WD car in the snow. May be the best car so far.

Smooth ride, a bit sluggish

Taurus 04, 03/26/2005
LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new about a year ago. Paid $12,000 for it. No major problems with it. Front wheel makes squeaky noises, and the dealer cannot fix the problem. It is no big deal, I can barely hear it with the windows down. The car is really smooth to drive. The suspension is extremely soft, but it also handles like a boat. The previous car that I owned was a '99 Chevy Lumina; the Ford handles better overall. The engine is slow and sluggish. The transmission is even worse; it never knows what gear it is supposed to be in. However if you drive normally you won't have any problems, just don't expect much from the V6. Overall it has been a good experience. Smooth, soft, fast on the highway.

12345...30