Used 1998 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews

Used Escort for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Great Car

Sandy Loam, 09/27/2010
SE 4dr Sedan

We had issues the very next day after driving it off the lot. The engine would die while driving. We took it back twice and when I demanded a free loaner while they fixed the problem, they replaced a sensor. At 30,000 miles, the transmission went and it took the Ford dealership in Sierra Vista, AZ 6 transmissions and 3 weeks to get the right one, they finally put in a Mazda transmission. AC went out, 2 dealerships could not find out why, it was never fixed.CD changer stopped working. After that, we had very little problems and we had to get rid of it after I hit a bear and totaled it out. It had well over 230,000 miles on it and was still going strong. Overall, great car & fun to drive.

awesome little car

jldude, 08/31/2006
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 7 months ago, haven't had a problem since, never had to replace anything, sure there are worn out mounts and all, but it's typical. Does 0-60 in 7.8! Cannot say enough good things about the fuel economy. I get 42 mpg on flat highway at 65, and 36 aggressive city mpg. Biggest complaint, the vibration and noise. Tires and/or suspension seem to amplify road noise, engine runs at 2900 rpm at 65 which can get annoying. And wheel hop when accelerating at traction limits is ridiculous. But it has a large comfortable back seat and a very inexpensive car to own. Great little car, wish Ford still made it with a Mazda suspension, Zetec engine, 6 speed and standard power EVERYTHING! Oh and yellow!

Got me around

usn_ht, 03/02/2012
SE 4dr Sedan

One of Ford's best for basic trasportation. Purch from original owner with 111k mi after sitting in yard for 2yr. Have driven it 65k miles since. Never left me stranded, only normal maint. items; i.e. timing belt, brakes, tires, muffler. New England winters & excessive road salt have taken a toll on the body. Engine still runs strong and uses less that 1qt. of oil per 2k miles.

LIKE THE ENERGIZER!!! IT JUST KEEPS GOIN AN GOIN!!

mmfm, 12/24/2010
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Ive had my 98 zx2 forever. She never lets me down. Im the third owner. The guy b 4 me literally drove the wheels off of it. didnt change the oil for 3 years over 41000 miles. when i got it did a tune up an a oil change.I only run the best. 93 octane ngk11 plugs an 8mm wires. castrol sytec fully sythetic. has 336,588 miles on it right now. still rips. took it to quaker drag strip ran a 15.3 at 91mph. bone stock. blew quite a few doors off it its time an will continue til it dyes on me. Its a fact if u take care of ur car ur car will take care of u. i have replace everthing on it once or maybe twice but i definatly got my moneys worth !!!!!5 STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phenomenal

Rick, 09/07/2005
ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought my pre-owned Escort coupe as a temporary replacement for my older car, until I could decide what I wanted. Well, I fell in love with the car right away and I've had it for five years. It has a great ride for a small car. I was especially pleased with how it runs with ease on the highway. Now, after five years, it has 90K miles and I cannot recall a single repair. I've only changed the oil on schedule, kept up with the rest of the maintenance schedule and replaced the tires. I've been very pleasantly surprised with this car. Now, with the price of gas, I really am glad that I have it. It is still one of the most efficient cars out there.

12345...25