Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Escape Hybrid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

A Joy to Own

Gene, 06/28/2007
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been a great vehicle. I feel that I have more than gotten my money's worth. With an average of 35.6mpg in both city and highway driving up and down hills, I can not be happier. The tax credits were a plus but I would buy this again in a heartbeat. Too bad they do not make a Mustang Hybrid. I would buy that too.

My most dependable car ever

Grace, 05/09/2019
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought it used (low mileage ) 13 years ago, have driven 298,000 miles, & still get better mpg than new Toyota RAV4. Now, odometer reads 306,370 miles & mpg are the same. The design of the front seats provides good support for my back & I can drive long trips (5+hrs) comfortably.

Synergy Drive Replaced at 15,000 miles!

aportele, 02/16/2006
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well, it's in the shop already. Only 15,000 miles. The synergy drive failed and left me on the side of the road. Who knows how long it will take to fix. Stuck with a Focus for part of this New England winter. Guess what? When the synergy drive dies, you can't even push the thing to the side of the road. It took six mechanics to move it 5 feet from the flatbed to the lift!

Wife Loves Hybrid Escape

Jerry, 06/26/2006
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned new 2006 AWD for 1 month. 32-33 MPG city driving, 28 mpg highway in first 100 miles. 15 Gallon tank means 400+ miles between fills. Mileage is improving and 100% operation on electric motor below 40 MPH is increasing as vehicle is broken in. Wife is a former Passat-325E BMW driver - she loves how the Escape handles. Handles better than expected in high winds.

Love my hybrid

green in NewEngland , 05/18/2009
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We were lucky enough to get this hybrid off the truck as there were none left in New England. I have not had trouble with my car at all. I do take it to required check-ups and oil changes. It gets out of alignment about once a year but I'm sure my new drivers are responsible for that. They love to take the hybrid because their sporty cars are gas hogs. At first the mileage was just average but as it ages it gets better and better. The interior is driver friendly, it's good in snow and warms up super fast on icy days. After three years and 72,000 miles, I love it and will replace it with the same thing when it gets too old to go.

12345...31