Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Don’t buy it
By Jenna

2009 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Things went downhill after 60k. I can count on taking the car to the shop twice a year for fuel system problems. The engine is too heavy for the suspension, and the car is a money pit. Just walk away from this one.

Bad Buy
By Lakrisha Davidson

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Caliber used in 2016 and it was a total lemon. The dealer was a complete scam artist. My car had no horn, bad brakes and struts, and stained ceilings and seats. I regret the decision to buy that car still to this day. My car was constantly in the shop. I put my car in the shop a day later from me buying it and it cost me $700 to get it out. Then I had to get the brakes changed which cost me $900 the first time and had to take it about 2 more times. I had to get the things that help the belt move changed and once when I was driving on the highway the front hood popped open. My A/C never worked fully plus it sucked up all the gas. My check engine light was on when i first bought it for a electrical problem no one could fix. My wires were wrapped in duct tape. My heater never worked so I froze during the winter. The only pro to this car was the trunk was spacious and the back seats let down.

Review of 2009 after 107K miles
By The Baumgardners

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new from a dealer in Maryland. My husband used it to commute long distances to work. When it hit 70K, we bought a new car and I used the Caliber for my work commute. We have had NO problems with this car. The car I had before was a Saab, and this Caliber ran so much better. We're getting ready to sell it now as we have 4 vehicles parked out front. I would have no apprehension about driving this another 50K OR more.

Lemons Are Us
By Bill Rafajko

2009 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a dream lemon. If you love spending money; getting towed; frequently driving rentals and paying for them ... then this is the car for you. I've decided to get the car painted lemon yellow as dreamy blue is a misnomer.

Dodge Caliber 2009
By Neil webb

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car no problems at all