Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

wish I could buy another new one!
By Gordon

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

the best thing about the cruiser is the ability to load and unload heavy cargo. I carry 10 to 12 bags if feed and the low door sill is a big help in loading and unloading. Have been looking for a replacement but have not seen anything that can do the job as yet.

Randomly stops, horn randlomy honks,
By Jess

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car (besides driving it in the snow) until it started to randomly act like it ran out of gas, started honking randomly, and would randlomy turn on my hazards, which I would not be able to turn off. It turns out, Chrysler was sued over this year of car's TIPM. Which, controls all of these things, plus Windows. They never put in a recall, even though your car will randomly stop no matter how fast your going. It's about $1,200 to fix.

Its fine.
By Jay

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 PT Cruiser has plenty of room, and it great for moving furniture. Performance with the naturally aspirated 2.4l isnt great but Its not bad once you get it up to highway speeds. I average about 20 mpg which, for a car this small, is pretty bad. Reliability has been fine, had to replace a few things over my 9 years of ownership, but its been no worse than my Accord. I'd buy it again.

Classic car
By Bharath

2008 PTCruiser
By DSchmidt

Milage on mine is 85,000. So far
Pros: Stick shift has great pick up and very fun to drive. After 9yrs of driving this car, the seats are still super plump and comfortable and offer plenty of back support. The back seats are very simple to remove so I can haul an amazing amount of stuff. My gas milage seemed to improve substantially after I broke in the engine over time. I've gotten as high as 27mpg hwy and as low as 19. I thought this car was a tin can in the beginning and considered it to be a temporary car for me, but to my surprize...it's really held up pretty well for such an inexpensive car.

Cons: So far I've had to replace the cam shaft, hub bearings, clutch and the fan under hood. Needs the starter replaced or ignition switch...not sure which. Oxidation on roof only. Claying and waxing helped make it look a bit better. I have noticed so many cruisers have this paint failure problem. Not sure if there is a recall on the exterior paint. If there isn't...there should be.

I clayed the exterior and waxed it. I detailed the inside. Took my mother for a ride...she complimented me that it looks brand new inside. It's looks and sounds great! Although I do take very good care of my cars...I think this car is overall a really nice and fun car to drive.