Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

My PT Cruiser

Bob, 12/02/2006

This is my everyday drive to work car. Mine is the five-speed stick wagon. The edmunds review does not do the standard engine justice when paired with the manual trans. It has more torque and off-the-line power than the '95 Neon I used to drive. This is a nice car to drive in most any traffic with the hydraulic clutch and a nice shifter feel. This is no hot-rod by any means but it is a nice, useful flexible car.

cute ain't always good

Harvey Clark, 10/15/2016
GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car gets about 16 mpg city and 21 mpg hwy, and MUST have premium fuel. Repairs are VERY expensive and best done by a dealer, you will not be able to do anything yourself. The entire car is poorly engineered. The battery is half hidden under the fender and very hard to get in and out, I tried to replace it once and did $250 in damage to surrounding parts ( plastic- dealer only ). The drivers seat adjustment switch is molded into a large plastic panel on the side of the seat. If you are short enough to comfortably drive the car, then you are to short to get in and out without putting pressure on this piece. Ours has broken twice, it's $350 to replace ( dealer only ). These are just two examples.This is my wifes' car ( her 2nd ) and has only 70K miles since purchasing it new, the AC is currently out for the 5th time. When I drive the car, I tilt my head to the right to keep from touching the headliner, and still have limited forward visibility. The roof line is so low in front it is a chore to see a traffic light and I am just a little shy of 6 FT. By the way, her first PT cruiser had to have an engine replacement at 13K miles.

Love My PT GT!

blue star, 06/29/2008

According to my service adviser the PT is among a few cars that only come in for maintenance. I drive approximately 100 miles per day and she is a joy to drive. It has loads of passenger room, the rear seats fold down flat to allow a good surface to carry lots of things. The controls are easy to access, she drives smooth as silk and the stiffer suspension lets me enjoy curves. She has new Eagle Tires which are an improvement over the originals, the Turbo is responsive, fit and finish is very good, bluetooth, sirius radio and 6 CD changer. Originally I leased a Touring model to be sure, I'm sure I love this car. It's distinctive styling is a stand out but she's not just beautiful...

New arrival

pt109, 07/08/2010

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

Just plain fun and an eye catcher

Tink, 08/06/2006

I LOVE my PT cruiser convertible. At first it wasn't what I wanted, but top on my list was to get a convertible and this one was the most affordable. It is purple and believe me I get lots of comments. The interior is spacious, it's easy to get into, the trunk is not bad, not huge but sufficient, gas mileage is acceptable. My biggest complaint on this model is the lever that pulls the front seat foward, my 9 yr old has a rough time with it and sometimes so do I. Overall this is a terrific car! Its not as sleek and sexy as other convertibles, what it lacks in 'looks' it makes up for in personality!

12345...31