Used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...44

Pros
Cons

Undercover Rocket Ship Car

Darth Car Master, 05/06/2016
GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT has 215 horsepower. It can go 120-130 Kilometres per hour without struggling like some cars do on the highways. It can take on a Ford Mustang sports car while looking like a crossover wagon/minivan. I have not floored the gas peddle to the maximum yet, because it scares me a little to have the Cruiser go all out. I fear unleashing its full power so I hold back. The GT version is not a sleeper of a car like the base model is.

Junk in Miami

Junk in Miami, 09/14/2010
Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great concept, poorly executed! We loved our car when we first bought it. Dark Blues with the Woody package. Still turns heads to this day. However, front wheel bearings went out at 20K, transmission went out at 37K, water pump went out at 52K and overheated warping the head. Luckily this all was covered under the extended bumper to bumper warranty. When the water pump went out, it still cost me over $800 for misc repairs that the car needed. Four months later the car started running rough, so back to the dealer and another $1100. None of the work they did before was now covered since the warranty expired and so did the warranty on their work! Really? Yes. I can not afford this junk!

Horrible!

jillf, 07/25/2009
GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so disappointing! I bought it used with 54k miles on it. The electrical system has always been wacky - dash indicator lights come on and off randomly and the fog lights wouldn't turn off, constantly draining the battery. I've had it in to fix various power steering problems EIGHT times!!! A/C broke twice. Back liftgate broke. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! I've easily spent twice as much in repairs as I originally spent to buy the car.

My 2003 PT Cruiser

1daddyjoe, 07/29/2011
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All in all I am happy with it. I bought the car new and now have 150,000 plus miles on it. I don't baby the car at all, I drive it hard. Would I buy another one, probably not. The car has treated me ok. Just regular maintainance, tires, brakes, tune ups, timing belt, and just replaced my front wheel bearings. No real major issues on the car. The gas mileage is bad, and it feels under powered. Coming from VW's and driving them hard as well but, taking care of them as well. They felt a bit more sturdy and the gas mileage and power was there when I needed it.

2003 PT Cruiser GT turbo

Grant Watson, 01/15/2007
GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A very fine car, I enjoy driving it very much. The only thing I have any problem with is seeing the instruments in day-time. I thought I should get better city mpg.

12345...44