Used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Piece of Crap from Day one
By Teresa

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car with less than 90,000 miles on it. A normal car would have lasted much longer. This one however lasted me for two years before the thing started to fall apart. The only good thing about it, is that I drove it to Baltimore to meet my favorite celeb Mike Rowe and even THEN the radiator hose blew off. Figures. The day I purchased it, the calipers stuck. Almost caught the wheel on fire. Then the front end started popping. I fixed the tie rods, lower control arms, axle, alignment, everything like that. A year later, the car began over heating. Then the coolant fan went. And then the popping returned and now it's leaking antifreeze and the calipers are stuck again! I'm no longer fixing this car and I'm planning on selling this hunk of crap. The parts are cheap - sure! The LABOR is where it gets expensive. It's not worth it. It's a pretty car, and that's about it. I say my prayers Everytime I leave the house because I don't know if I'll make it back in one piece. Stay away from this car! You'll go broke as hell!

13 yrs and going Great car
By Bill

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought the GT turbo in 2003 in California. Its electric blue and has great pick up, speed and I love all the interior space. Strange though it is an automatic and has the auto stick. It must be a more rare version. I drove it home to NYC 3 yrs later and have driven it since then to October 2016. We do love it but Im taking over babysitting for grandchildren and wish to purchase a new car to replace it. Its a shame as I only have 29k miles on it. It has done its job and would recommend the car to anyone. Wish they still made them.

Undercover Rocket Ship Car
By Darth Car Master

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT has 215 horsepower. It can go 120-130 Kilometres per hour without struggling like some cars do on the highways. It can take on a Ford Mustang sports car while looking like a crossover wagon/minivan. I have not floored the gas peddle to the maximum yet, because it scares me a little to have the Cruiser go all out. I fear unleashing its full power so I hold back. The GT version is not a sleeper of a car like the base model is.

Practical and fun!
By RMorgan

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not the quickest of it's generation or class, but with a 5-speed manual, it has good acceleration and better gas mileage than with automatic trans. Great use of interior space - tons of cargo options with folding and removable back seats. Very stable at highway speeds and good handling on winding roads as well. With four wheel disk brakes, this car stops on a dime!

2003 Standard Cruiser
By Curt Brennan

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours from the original owners in 2005 with only 17,000 miles. We've now owned it 10 years (this May) and it has given us absolutely NO PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND, EVER!! So far, I've purchased one set of tires and one battery (last fall) and that's it!! We like it so much that I just bought a 2005 "GT Convertible" with HO Turbo and only 47,000 miles. We dressed up our current PT and are going "all out" on this one too. This convert is for Summer time driving and weekend cruising. I've owned Mopars since 1971 (1966 Charger) and I've had good luck with them all! ;-)

Fun to drive, fun to dress up, great on gas....nostalgia to the Max!!

Reintroduce them again in a limited number each year.