Used 2000 Chrysler LHS Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler LHS Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (48 reviews )

NOW almost an Adult at 18 Years Old
By Totaly Satisfied

2000 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

My Father purchased this 2000 model car new in 1999. He never had any trouble with it and passed it onto me a few years ago. The ride is smooth and excellent and despite its big car feel in how well it ugs the road the gas mileage has been great for this size car. The instrumentation is all clear to see and while today electronics have gone way beyond most cars built in 2000 the LHS was at the top of the game. I would not hesitate to purchase its replacement model the 300. This was a gem of a car that is still ticking.

Have Always Loved This Car
By kbest

This is our second LHS.
We bought it 7 years ago as the second owner with 64k miles on it.
We've loved it ever since.
We've only ever done routine maintenance until we hit 215k when we had a noise from the differential.
We had the tranny and differential rebuilt (it's one unit) and she's been running strong to this day.
She's at 226k and showing no signs of giving up.
Our friends always want to take our car because it's so comfortable.
She always has plenty of power and is fun to drive.
We average 24 to 25 mpg between in town and highway which isn't bad for such a large car!
Very sad they don't still make them!

My favorite features are the horsepower and the roomy interior and the great looks!

Chrysler should go back to making them.

AWESOME!!!!!!
By Scott

2000 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car now for 6 years and still going strong at 255,000 MILES. Other than routine maintenance I have never had much trouble with it. After 3 deer and a chevy pickup and 255,000 miles still going strong!! I am looking for another one with lower miles prefer another silver one but would consider other than gold.

Comfort, looks, ride, gets up and goes, awesome stereo system, not a bad thing

I wish they still made them today!
By HeyBlu

2000 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with nearly 58K miles. I now have 147K and have had no major issues. Replaced AC compressor twice, and starter once. The suspension is about due for repair, struts, etc...

The smooth handling and feel of a more costly luxury sedan. The interior space is great. I am 6'1" tall and have plenty of headroom and legroom.

Improve the outside trim, all of my chrome is being eaten away.

Great Car
By LHS

2000 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001. It has been a great car. The only thing besides routine maintenance was a driver’s side power window motor. Bought a new motor from NAPA for 65.00 and spent 45 min changing it. I have never gotten less than 22mpg and as high as 30mpg across New York. Highway average 28 and in town 23. It has almost 110,000mi and runs and looks like new. I got 50,000 out of the first 2 sets tires. I have not been back to the selling dealer for anything since I bought the car. It has been a much better car than either of my Honda accords were.

Comfort, Performance, fuel mileage. Reliability