Used 1994 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

great little convertible
By Norm

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Car is solid and heavy, so always felt safe even with the top down. Not that fast off the line, but it would cruise at highway + speeds with no problem. It was reliable, though changing spark plugs on the cylinder bank towards the firewall was a real challenge. Had to be careful putting anything in the boot, as it could crack the rear glass window when you put the top down. The car lasted until a big stretch limo crossed the road and t-boned me on the drivers side. Other than my airbags deploying, I was fine. That was a very sad day. Miss that car.

Wouldn't quit
By mr.Devon

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

i bought this car as my first car during high school. it had 163k miles on it. still looked decent. i put this car through hell! weekly trips to the beach, hours of driving. this car refused to die! after 2 months it started blowing serious smoke, head gasket. kept driving! just added oil every other week. the convertible was nice in SoCal., i definately drove the car with style. not too many out there, def. a head turner. if you have the chance to get one with lower miles get it, it will run forever, even on its dieing leg it can still be sold and continue on the road.

convertible! controls on dash/steering wheel! longevity of car!

the roof would leak into the car if the door was open, angle of roof. the door hinges bent easily if they were leaned on while open. no trunk release, had to use key which broke off in trunk, if you get one, just enjoy it!

Fun car
By Joe

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron with 98,000 miles and now have 149,000. It has been a great car and I have replaced parts mostly out of precaution. I do an average of 40 to 50,000 miles a yr. The oil gets changed every 3 to 4 weeks. If you can find one with the 3.0 V6 go for it and enjoy it.

Top, driving, economy

Could use a little bit larger trunk

Ooooh Chrysler, why do you hate me?
By Tom

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I was apprehensive but we had no other option, as it was cheap and we made payments. I have owned 10 vehicles and this was the worst. The design is terrible for a 94'(inside and out), it's like they designed it then never actually sat in the car to realize all the bad ideas they had. It gave us transmission trouble on a rebuilt trans (rebuilt at 80k miles note), and the cooling system was always a problem. The torque/hp is all based at lower rpm so good luck passing. This car was not designed with snow in mind, chains slap the suspension because of the clearance, I have put chains on many, many cars with no problems as I live in the mountains. The handling is very poor. Etc.

I didn't think I would care about a convertible but I must admit I really like it. I left the blinker on once and the car dinged at me letting me know. Adjustable lumbar support in driver seat, that's about it.

Interior design, exterior design, drive-train, all electrical components and anything in between.

Good Car, but treat her nice
By DeCaY

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Landau 4dr Sedan

LeBaron was my first car. I got with 88,000 miles on it. Its a good car, and is extremely comfortable. I almost didn't mind traffic. Good performance and very good gas mileage which I didn't expect, but that baby won't die in a pinch, and weather never effected it. Not too fast, I topped out at 94, which is still not too bad. Watch out for Serpentine Belt, and Transaxle gasket leaks. If you can get a nice one for 2,000 or lower I very much encourage you to do so.

Seats feel like a lazy boy, Great efficiency and respectable power, very smooth ride, and lots of leg room. Also, parts are very cheap and you can a performance chip if need to increase hp +50.

Some leaks. Alternator not too strong, and serpentine belt is hard to replace. Stock stereo is bad, so get a aftermarket.