Used 2000 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

A Nice Car
By Bill R

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I own a 2000 Chrysler Concorde, 2.7L engine, gold exterior, beautiful black leather interior, center console, bucket seats, 150,000 miles on the odometer. I purchased this car in 2013 when it had 75,000 miles on it. Pros: Excellent handling, excellent highway gas mileage for a large car (I average 27-28 MPG traveling monthly from Baltimore to Scranton, Pennsylvania, and 30-31 MPG on my return trip. The distance one way is 220 miles.). Plenty of interior room, especially in the back seat. Large trunk area. Beautiful, sleek exterior styling, and the interior leather seats, console, instrument panel, and dashboard are very attractive. Very reliable....I've never had a breakdown of any kind...save for a bad battery and the need to replace a transmission sensor on a previously owned 1999 Concorde. The 2.7L engine provides plenty of power on the highway but is somewhat under powered for city driving. With good tires (I currently have Michelin Primacy P225/60R16) the car is fairly quiet and very smooth on a blacktop highway, but is quite noisy on concrete highways and concrete bridge overpasses. I am hoping that a new set of Michelin Defender tires will lower the road noise on concrete roads. Overall the noise in the cabin is probably about average. Most noise coming from the road, with some wind noise and a slight amount of engine noise. Cons: Limited interior head room for a tall person (I'm 6'-2" tall and must slouch down to see properly). Limited visibility which make parallel parking very difficult. It is very difficult to judge where the front and back of the car are when parallel parking. The transmission will buck a bit if you slow down for a red light, but then accelerate if the light turns green before you come to a complete stop. Consequently I make sure to accelerate very slowly in this situation. (I did have to replace a transmission sensor in my previously owned 1999 Chrysler Concorde because of accelerating before coming to a complete stop). The 2.7L engines are known for having sludge build-up problems so be sure to replace the engine oil every 3000-5000 miles. I use Castrol GTX, an anti-sludge oil. The battery is hidden in the right front wheel well and is very difficult to access. The headlights and bulbs are very difficult to replace. Braking is well below average and feels mushy (I've been told that this is normal but I have my doubts). Overall a very reliable, beautiful, fuel efficient, roomy, and well-handling car if you properly care for the engine and transmission. More specifically, replace the engine oil frequently (due to the sludge build-up problem) and accelerate slowly. Do not accelerate quickly from a stop or before coming to a stop and the transmission should be fine. The overhead cam sensors on these engine will go bad before 100K but can be easily and inexpensively replaced within 20 minutes if you have any mechanical aptitude.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By Noah

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Been in my family for 16 years my grandpa bought this new in 2000, was my grandmas car was her favorite until she passed away in 2012 my grandpa says it was the best car he ever owned sold it to me in 2016, I love this far has a sentimental value to me has almost 200,000 miles on it. Drive it everyday.

Well built
By aweyea2000

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Had two of these cars with the 3.2 never had a serious issue with either one of them. Interior is very curvy, handles like a sports car and loves to be redlined.Even after 400,000 miles was still a darling until someone ran a light and killed her. Awesome car and the only Chrysler i ever loved. And at 32 mpg highway no complaints.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By zenaeh92

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 chrysler Concorde over 2 years ago and she's my baby. 100% reliable and this year as most reviews have reflected some years are bad with leaks and so on however the 2000 was the year that they fixed the tranny and lower motor leaks and seemingly fixed the seizing motor issue.

very spacey I have 2 kids and I love the huge trunk! I have 2 10inch subs in the trunk and still have tons of room!

the wood grain gloss they put on could be put on a little better the only downfall is mine started to peel a little but some clear nail polish fixed it right up.

looks do not count when it comes to cars
By ponyboyex

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

i bought a 2000 chrysler concord lxi about 4 years ago IT LOOKED GREAT and it had alot of luxurious features which got me to buy it it was $3000 and had 118000 miles which is not bad for a 7 year old car or so i thought about two weeks later i walked out of my house to what looked like a murder scene, transmission fluid covered my drive way which which cost me $1600 to fix and since then i had nothing but troubles and heart ace from it
the car over heated all the time even though i fixed the thermostat, water pump,radiator and the fans in it and when i took it to the Chrysler dealership they were baffled. wouldn't recommend it to anyone and i learned not to go for looks only performance

looks great its pretty quick huge trunk luxurious features

OVERHEAT PROBLEMS!!!! STRONGER BUILT!!!