Used 2007 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Don't buy this car. Problems GM knows about.
By J W

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The steering in vehicle has a weak knuckle joint that can cause link to break and loss of steering. The traction control and stability control on this vehicle are a problem that many have tried to repair. An internet search will show the number of owners with traction/stability control issues and symptoms. Front axle broke as result of traction control malfunction while on highway at 60 mph. Engine cooling system is inadequate causing heads to warp. Alternator fire due to faulty wiring. Engine is difficult to service. Even changing spark plugs requires putting engine in "service mode" essentially lifting engine out of the car a bit to access plugs. Same is true for alternator repair, engine has to go into service mode. GM is aware of the traction/stability issues but no recall has ever been issued. Car eventually had to be junked with 129k miles because cost of repairs exceeded value of car. Body and interior in great shape, engine drive train junk. Got $800 from a salvage company for a $14,000 vehicle that was maintained per GM recommendations in owners manual. I would suggest avoiding the other branding of this same vehicle as well. Through many hours of researching, they have the same issues as the Chevy version.

Buy this
By Kelly fulton

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I would recommend this to any one runs good and drives great no problems with anything....

Uplander uplifting
By leonard mccarty

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our 2007 uplander for about 3 /2 years now. We bought it used with about 107,000 miles. We are the scond owner. We have 161,000 miles and repairs have been what I would consider normal for this many miles. The transmission started hesitiating from a stop, and i checked with a transmission shop. They said there's something with the clutch when you stop and it engages. Then when you accelerate to take off, it doesn't want to engage. He said it won't hurt the tranny, but to fix it would be costly. My wife loves the comfort of the driver and passenger seat up front.

Bettsie is her name ( Uplander)
By Blanca

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We Have had our Uplander for 4 years now, I can't say enough - I love our mini van. All around it has been great performance and spacious. One of our 18 grand babies told me yesterday - Grandma I love your car. It has so much room in here. Best critic ever.

At Least I've had No Car payment
By ShirleyDriver

2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This van was actually a gift from my parents (to which I am thankful), but man it came with some baggage. On my van the automatic sliding door was the first to go. It would get stuck open or think it was open and run down my battery. Then the remote keyless entry went south and my alarm would go off anytime my keys were near the vehicle. The gas gauge would show empty right after I put 21 gallons of gas in the vehicle then would bounce between full and empty until my engine light would come on. It's a regular occurrence to see a "check stability control" to come on and for the anti-lock breaks to not be working. The glove compartment handle completely broke off - had it repaired, but today won't close sometimes. The DVD player will not play new DVDs (not talking bluerays - DVDs), but does play older ones made before 2010. Reading others' reviews I think I finally know what the rattling is at low speeds. Also the transmission (as many others have said) slips BADLY. I am so ready to be done with "Shirley" (as we named her on a road trip that I think was delayed because we wound up on the side of the highway with a blow-out from that low right tire).

Even with brand new tires my front right tire always loses air - I have had this looked at over and over leaving the technician scratching his head. It ALWAYS happens.