Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 3500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Good Work Truck

Sean, 07/25/2008

I've driven this truck almost exclusively on gravel and dirt roads in Iraq. This truck has plenty of torque and loads of hp. It has an awesome exhaust note. The Iraqi army is also using these trucks to supplement their HMMWVs. Rear seat could use some more leg room, it's hard to get out of the back.

Very nice truck

Jon, 03/30/2010

I know this is a late review, but I bought this truck used with a 100,000 miles on it and you could not tell by looking at it inside and out. I bought the 3500 because of the price, right time right price I use it to tow my travel trailer (my 1500 had tough time) Boy I'll tell you it's like night and day this 3500 has no problem climbing hills and very comfortable to drive like driving your Lazy Boy chair around.

Chevy 3500

Hauwse, 05/12/2007

I cannot say enough about the performance of this truck. Purchased for hauling a 16,00lb 6 horse trailer. I have done 4 2500 mile trips in this truck, basically driving none stop each trip, and never had a single hiccup. Power, braking, etc. are excellent. Pulled through the Rocky Mountains without any drama, basically you forget you are pulling a trailer with this truck. My trailer brakes went out on one trip and it was not an issue with the tow haul mode, and the trucks braking power. The truck pulled a loaded trailer in excess of 85 MPH effortlessly.

14 year old dream vehicle!!!

Adam, 01/30/2020
LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is great! Except mine has the 8.1 Vortec with the 6 speed Allison automatic. I averaged 11.4 mpg on it's 1100 mile maiden voyage from Seattle. At 70 mph it never down shifted over 3 Mountain passes. Just cruised along !!!