Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 2500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best vehicle I ever owned

happy owner, 01/08/2009
HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have never owned a better vehicle. It has 300,000 miles now and runs like a champ. The only thing done to this vehicle was change the brake pads at 225,000 for the first time, water pump at 285,000 shocks at 250,000 and spark plugs every 100,000 I have never even aligned this vehicle!

Starts, runs, drives and stops.

jet62095, 03/16/2011
HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love this truck. I got it age 15 for a first truck. The trans (4L80E) went at 142,993 miles, when it lost reverse. Very comfortable truck, I do notice when I go over bumps, the bed seems to move seperate from the cab. The interior design is pretty good, though the middle seat does not fold down for an arm rest, and the rear seats are locking, which can be a pain.

Extremely reliable and fun to drive

Matt, 06/22/2019
HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This thing is built like a tank all around, and aside from repairs you’d expect from high milage, it runs as well as it did when we bought it. Rust is a problem on these trucks however. This is an awesome truck with a very powerful motor, and I couldn’t ask for anything more.

2000 chevy silverado

catshooter, 09/24/2002
HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I enjjoy the feeling behind the wheel. the power in the engine makes me feel like i'm in control. It corners fairly well and i'm pleased with the gas mileage. it is very reliable.

Great truck

oilmn, 02/01/2003
LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new, been in shop once for steering coupler at 40,000 miles. Currently have 142,000 miles. Again GM has put durability in trucks. Last truck was a1994 and put over 350,000 miles on it with minimal shop time. I've driven Fords and Dodge but they don't hold up to the country road driving like GM.

Have always owned Chevy

tuftrks, 07/22/2003
LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Gas milage is bad no matter what we have tried to do. Computer chip, air intake, dual exhaust, doesnt make a difference. Still only get 13 miles a gal. 8 miles a gal towing. Should have bought the 454 it gets same mileage and has more power.

Toy Hauler

Jimmies00, 12/02/2009
HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck with only 17,132 miles on it it now sits a little over 38k miles. Had one minor thing a 02 sensor went out. I have used this truck for a truck and hauled a couple loads of 38k lbs. Plenty of power! Blew up my drive shaft Pulling it once too. All love the truck love it even more with the new Bully dog triple dog GT! 15 MPG running empty..

love this truck

Jay, 03/08/2009
LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new and for the first 125000 miles I didn't do a thing to it except replace a cracked exhaust manifold (at 650000) and change the oil. I have 155000 on it now and in the last six months I have pretty much given it a complete overhaul. Everything broke at once. Granted I'm not the best with maintenance and it all just caught up with me. Now with a complete new brake system, alternator, starter, the other manifold,and a tune up, I hope to get at least another 100000 miles out of it. The biggest complaint is the ABS. Even after the recall they still don't work right. Quick fix is to pull the fuse. I hope for a few more years out of it and would definitely buy another Chevy.

I love my truck

kestor, 08/18/2004
HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the performance and the capabilities of my truck. I have hauled a yard of damp sand and gravel mix, with 8-94# bags of cement in my bed and I have had no problems. The suspension is incredible, and the brakes are awesome!

Hands Down, Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

Mark Ashlock, 04/25/2007
HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. My first Chevy truck since '64 . My wife has a Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't trade my truck for two of hers. Great power, fantastic brakes, outstanding visibility. Best back seat of any make in 2000. Actually is tilted like a regular seat. 148,000 miles, been in the shop twice for minor concerns, doesnt use any oil, and still on original brakes. Average 13-14 mpg (16 hwy), which isn't bad for 300 HP and 365 FPS of torque. Pull a 4 horse goose neck, no problem, although it does better with 3 horses. My only mistake was only buying one. Should have bought two and put one up on blocks in storage!

51050