Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...58

Pros
Cons

90000k

madman350, 09/09/2008

This truck still has 1/4" brake shoes left (f+r), which includes towing tandem trailer daily for 1 1/2 yrs. No one I work with owns a more reliable truck even those that cost 40-50K$. I peg the tach almost every day, uses nearly no oil, mpg avgs. 16+ city with AC; 17-19 hwy; 10-12 towing. Interior is very comfortable and no pickup has a colder AC. Here in FL I never have to run the fan past "3" for more than a minute to chase out 100+heat. The x- cab still has a 6'6" bed, Dodge has 6'3" which isn't enough. Much better ride than Dodge, and way better interior instrumentation than XLT Ford. Engine compartment is roomy, allowing ease of maintenance. The bed is low allowing easy loading of very heavy items.

great truck

scubie, 05/18/2004

great for hauling, ext. cab good for child seat. comfortable to drive.

GM Excellence?

jdfosterdad, 10/09/2004

1. We had engine performance issues from the start. The computer was reflashed 3 times. 2. At about 45,000 the engine began to knock when first started in the morning which sounded like piston slap, at 75,000 it was getting hard to start and compression on 3 cylinders was measured at 70-75 pounds. The motor had to be replaced. Since the motor, the transmission has had to be replaced. 3. We had performance issues, engine problems because of a poorly designed pistons and transmission failure, all were asked to be addressed under warranty and promises were made and in the end ignored. 4. Would I by another Silverado? I,ve been a GM customer for 30 years and can safely say NOWAY!!!!!

Ad
Build Your Silverado 1500
Select Color:

Best purchase of the year

chris, 12/18/2007

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Perfect homeowner truck

Ozzy, 02/15/2009

Bought it new Jan 2004. At 60,0000 miles I bought the first set of tires and brakes. ]I get 15 mpg city, 18 mpg highway with 4.8 liter. ] The 4WD is great in the northeast. Truck cruises at 70mph feels like a sedan, yes, there is road noise, its a truck. Nothing replaced so far, did not have to bring it to the dealer once! If you need or want a truck, take a serious look at a GM.

12345...58