Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

The Little Truck Keeps Working!
By ZooGuy

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevy S10 is an amazing truck! I can always count on it to do its job every day with no complaints! Here in Miami the city is tough on vehicles and I use my Chevy S10 to make it through the city. It handles potholes and bumps very well. No matter what task I throw at it, it seems to handle it well! This is a very durable truck! Maintenance is low cost repairs are easy parts are readily available and there are many customization options including stereos, push bars, campers you name it it's available! Gas mileage is very nice with the 4 cylinder stick. As a 6 foot tall guy I find it comfortable even after 500 miles of driving. I expect my 2002 to last many more years with basic maintenance.

Right on time
By David Harrington

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

it is in very good condition and I would drive it any where

Love My Little Truck
By Vickie

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my S-10 brand new. I would not trade it, never had any trouble out of it.

t
By Travis Frankhouser

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have an 02 v6 s10 with 173k miles on all stock drivetrain. I used this truck for work and towing and beat the living piss out of it. Changed the oil once a year. Never changed the tranny fluid, antifreeze, rear end oil, or greased anything. just ran the hell out of it. Nothing major broke but the fuel pump and the distributor broke 3 times. But still one tough truck

mixed feelings
By s10ct

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

02 4.3L 2WD Base w/ Ext. cab, 115K.
Always kept up with oil changes, tranny & coolant flush.
Put more $ in this truck than care to admit...but yet I reflect on its continued performance. Items replaced: fuel injectors, thermostat, rear main seal, front caliper seized twice (same one each time) so new front brake system each time, replaced radiator, 100K tune up so new plugs/wires/dist.cap/rotor. 3rd door useless, oil cooler line replaced, and the big one...blown tranny at 113K (google s10 sunshell and you'll see what I mean).
This truck better last until 200K+ with all I've put into it without any more costly repairs.
Truck still gets 24mpg and has lots of get up and go when i need it.