Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu Maxx for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best Bang for the buck

jim, 02/17/2008
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car while I was a salesman at the dealer. Knowing the whole product line, I knew the best value when I saw it. The car has been great. 33.9 mpg on a recent trip to Florida, great in snow. Best brakes I've ever had on a car, great power and economy, cavernous storage space, comfortable seating and great stereo. The rear roof window shades could have been designed better, and there is a noise in the front end over bumps, other than that, no complaints, I'd buy another one in a minute. I'm on the road a lot in sales, and since the maxx is no longer available, my next car will probably be an Impala LT with leather.

Good car with nice surprises

maxx lover, 09/06/2007
LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car; chose it over small SUV's and have no regrets. Loads of standard elements like remote start and automatic headlights; hatchback can be reconfigured to haul about anything. Small drawback is the 20mpg mileage with the 6 cyl engine.

Sports-sedan

Manfred-J- Hinz, 11/01/2007
SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 2004 Maxx with this 2007 Maxx SS. I was, and am, totally satisfied with the car. Finally a great eye-appealing sport sedan from GM and Chevy decides not to build this model for the 2008 Line-up. To limit production of this model to 3 years is questionable.

Great College Vehicle

Maxxd, 10/29/2007
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Malibu Maxx came out of no where while searching car lots, oddly enough it had every feature I wanted and for a very reasonable price. Don't believe the in-dash MPG rating, instead calculate it out yourself. I've found the computer is off by a large margin, including waiting at a light in the MPG calculation. I average (with city and highway) around 26-28 MPG. Great car for a college student like myself or a family just starting out.

Malibu LTZ

KM, 11/13/2007
LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this car for over a year now. I had test driven the LS but the LTZ is a class above. I agreed with Edmunds (bland interior for the LS), but found the LTZ felt totally different. The leather wrapped steering felt much more comfortable, and the rest of interior did not feel cheap. Same with the wheels etc. I never read the manual much, so I keep finding new things in the car. When cleaning I found the audio volume control on the steering on the underside of other audio buttons. Recently I found out I could do tap-shift. I could not figure how to operate the +/- buttons earlier till I put the car in L coming downhill - it was so much fun!