Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Suspension

wayne, 11/28/2009
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The vehicle was purchased in 07 with only 15k. .I drove it through the winter and summer without problem. Possibly ran 5k.In the fall of the year I was on a dirt trail, rough road for the weekend trip. Afterwards I had to replace the front ball joints as they had been worn. Also all four shocks were leaking fluid and I replaced those also. The original shocks are not much more than a piece of plastic covering a cylinder My neighbor had just purchased a new Colorado, 4 cylinder,two wheel drive (2009)and his shocks are the same as what I had. I have a 4x4 what is up with that? The factory shocks and front end parts are garbage.I replaced with after market .So much for Mr.Goodwrench

Nice looking but too many problems

PHOQUR, 11/14/2008
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Got this truck and it was great. The promise of an inline 5 engine to save gas seemed promising but it burns gas hard. The first thing to go bad was the air conditioning, it would just stop and only the highest speed (4) would work and the others would start when they want to. Then there was a problem where the brake lights would stop working, had to take it in to the dealer to fix these problems a lot and just the brake switch is OK now after we found there was a recall on the brake switch. The engine has this problem now that the dealer claims to have fixed twice where the RPM drops low/stalls and causes overheating cause engine fan spins too slow and the lights get dim.

GM fails again!

dhectorg, 07/29/2008
4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up in a GM household and as an adult, I too only drove GM cars for years. Then I decided to try a Honda to see what all the fuss was about. I was so shocked by the superior quality and reliability that I never went back to American...until now. I needed a work truck and something to drive on camping trips. I honestly only bought the Colorado because it was so much cheaper than a comparable used Tacoma or Frontier. After 6 months of driving this truck, Ive decided to sell it and look for a Toyota or Nissan. I've had to repair the transfer case, replace the clutch, replace relays, replace windshield weather seal, etc. I'm going back to Japanese. I know I can count on their quality!

Best Truck for the money

Brian-33, 03/20/2007
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado in the summer of 2005 during the height of the employee discount sales and got a fantastic deal. I now have over 32,000 miles on my Colorado and I love it. The styling is great, the interier while a bit over-plastic in some areas seems to be holding up better then my S-10 Blazer. The 6-disk CD player is great, and overall the truck is fairly comfortable on long trips. The ride is impeccable for a 4x4 truck, rides like a car on trips, and a truck when it needs to. Having owned multiple 4x4's this one is the best and most stable negotiating icy roads. Gas mileage is good (20MPG on avg). The engine needs a bit more refinement as it seems to stuggle in high altitutes.

perfect

pb, 02/27/2008
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck was my office. Put over 103,735 miles on in two and half yrs. Rear ujoint only thing replaced besides tires. From the hottest humid weather to -12 actual temp no problems starting. Rolled begining of feb 08 on to roof. Truck totaled. Cab held up with windshield spider cracking in one corner and that's it. Walked away no sctraches. Drove truck home when rolled onto wheels.

12345...40