Used 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews

$946 - $2,032

Used Eldorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A Luxury Hot Rod

ssspump, 10/18/2010
Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome!! Mine is the Metallic Maroon with the Tan leather. With the Cadillac chrome wheels, it is definitely an eye catcher. The Northstar engine purrs like a kitten, the brakes are very confident building, and the ride is great. I really can't find much negative to say about the car, but for a car that is 14 plus years old, I will put it up against many of the later products, foreign or domestic. For the investment, it is one of the smartest that I can think of.

Sold on Caddy

Eldorado man, 03/12/2010
2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

Best Car!

manhattanpaul, 03/06/2007
2dr Coupe

I bought my car off of eBay for a great price. I slapped some 19 inch staggered rims on it and that was all I needed to do to it. I have owned 3 Mercedes, 2 Fords, and currently I also own a 2003 GMC Denali. I prefer driving my used Cadillac any day over my $50,000 truck. This car screams elegance. Its shape is timeless. Maybe just the headlights could use some updating.

Excellent car

my caddy, 06/14/2008
2dr Coupe

Not only is my caddy fun to drive, it`s a horse, on pulling & pickup, my caddy will go as fast as I want it to, it has 150 on the speedometer & I have absolutely no doubt, that it would do that & more. You would have no problem, from the pony cars, for it has a really fast pickup & when you`re doing, maybe 35 & kick it, it will snap your head back & take away your breath. I`m not bragging, I know this personally, to be absolutely, true.

Trouble starting

jems, 10/13/2008
2dr Coupe

I inherited this car from my father and thought I would be able to keep it forever. It rides nicely and I've learned how to handle it. As it has aged, it doesn't start up right away. We takes bets on how many times I have to turn the key before the engine starts each day. Then it is fine for the rest of the day. My mechanic can't fix it. I am afraid to get stuck too far away from home. But I still keep it for sentimental value.

Still Awesome After All These Years!

T-Man, 02/12/2009
2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Great Value and Performance

ricardo719, 05/18/2009
2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Lovin' the best Caddy ever made

Planemanx15, 01/24/2008
2dr Coupe

Im a college student who bought my '96 Eldo, shale with a black rag top, in Jan 07 to travel 50 miles back and forth to school. Since then i have put a cold air intake, dual Flowmaster exhaust, tint, and changed all the speakers to pioneers, dice too:) Even stock this car turned heads but now is incredable. I have overheated and had to pull over (thought I seized the engine) only to find out it was the a\c compressor, other then that, there have never been any major problems. I show the car every week at the local car show and get great comments all the time. It seems Cadillac may be coming out with a CTS coupe, which looks pretty close to the Eldo, maybe there gonna bring back this style

Great "Blingmobile"

Ross Caputo, 01/08/2006
2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado used with 36,000 miles on it. The previous owner added wire wheels, vogue tires, atainless rocker panels, wheel well fender trim, and white Landau top. The paint is a beautiful metallic maroon. I constantly get positive comments from passers-by. It has a very responsive Northstar engine and holds the road really well. My previous car was a '92 Eldorado, black with a cream interior in great shape but when I happened upon this car I was really taken by the look. I had to have it. Having experienced some repair costs with my prevoius Eldorado I decided to purchase a warranty plan with this one. Cadillac dealer repairs are extremely expensive. I look forward to driving this car, too bad they've dropped production.

FUN TO DRIVE

snagy, 05/10/2005
2dr Coupe

I bought my Cadillac Eldorado with 28,000 miles on it in 2003. I just love to drive this thing. Its performance and comfort are great. I did get an extended warranty when I bought the car, which has paid for itself. I had to replace a swaybar. Other than that, I've had to perform just normal maintenance, like tune ups, plugs and wires, oil changes, and stuff like that. These things are expensive if you take it to the dealer. I suggest a local mechanic that specializes in Cadillacs.

That Caddy

inkpimp1981, 02/23/2010
Touring 2dr Coupe

For all the Cadillac fans out the who really appreciate their luxury car, you need to test drive one of these suckers. They move like no other, and sped pass a BMW 74Li. Thats a 'Lac!!!

do not buy

rosievig, 11/17/2002
2dr Coupe

We purchased this vehicle with a warranty of 100,000 miles ....thank goodness we did. Apparently there is an engineering defect that causes the aluminum blocks and heads to leak at the gasket area...this is inherent with the design. We have had both of the heads repaired and new inserts for the head bolts installed in the block. This would have cost $2400. Pity the poor soul who doesn't have the warrenty!!!!

Should have got a Lincon Mark V111

Fast Eddie, 09/02/2004
2dr Coupe

Like the elegent styling, especially with Vouge chrome wheels, white diamond paint, and rear spoiler. Was searching for a clean '98 Mark 8 but couldn't find one, so I bought the Eldo on looks alone. Sorry, but it's style, no substance. Why does the auto industry rave about the Northstar? The Ford V-8 feels much stronger and doesn't suck a quart of oil every 1500 miles. My first V-8 front wheel drive car - and last. Tourqe steer, nose dive, and loose, bouncy ride (feels like an offensive lineman's sitting under the hood). Noisy interior for a luxury car. But like a trophy wife, she sure is pretty and kind of hard to give up!

GREAT CAR

Dan Ferguson, 02/02/2016
2dr Coupe

Considering the car is now 20 years old, it is a very low mileage car. 102k. Car runs and drive like new still. It would have been a car that I could not have afforded to buy new as the msrp was around $50,000. But as a 15 year old car, it has been exceptionally dependable runs and drive great and is a highway cruising MONSTER. The Northstar V-8 seems to get very mixed reviews, but as for my car it's been fantastic. Only down side, it's a 2 door car, difficult to use the back seats, and the trunk is a bit limited for the size of the vehicle. But I would recommend this car to anyone. In fact I'm selling mine right now.

What a car

boomer992001, 09/26/2002
Touring 2dr Coupe

Performance, style and elegance.......this car has it all

Best car ever !! By far!

cadillackid1, 01/18/2013
2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 15 to go to local car shows with and it turned out to be the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The performance is amazing, the Northstar is one of the best engines ever, the ride is the smoothest with the air suspension, its a very quiet interior, awesome quality built, and the sound of the engine is amazing. Not to mention the drop dead good looks! I get so many compliments about the car on the street and in car shows I cant keep track. 62000kms, dark cherry metallic with matching interior, gold plated emblems with gold pinstripe and vogue rims and white walls. Only had to get a tune up since I owned it ($500). Not for someone who isnt financially stable

VERY PLEASED

ASHWAH, 01/16/2004
2dr Coupe

THIS CAR IS A FANTASTIC PERFORMER! IT IS NOT FOR THE MILD MANNERED DRIVER. PASSING GEAR WILL REQUIRE THAT YOU REALLY HOLD ONTO THE STEERING WHEEL UNTIL YOU "LET UP". THE ENGINE SEEMS TO CONSUME A QUART IN BETWEEN 3OOO MILE CHANGES. I SAY SEEMS BECAUSE I KEEP THE ENGINE OIL & ALL FLUIDS "TOPPED OFF". I AM SO SORRY GM HAS STOPPED BUILDING ELDORADO COUPES, SO I AM KEEPING THIS BROUGHAM! A FAN

5 Passanger Corvette

Eldoguy, 10/09/2006
Touring 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used, fully optioned, with a cabriolet roof and chrome on the top of the front and left fenders. It is Crimson Pearl with a tan interior and added extra Zebranno wood. It looks very distictive. My family are snow birds, it is what you need when going from Canada to Florida each year. In the three years of owning this car the brakes and battery are all I needed to replace. I had lent it to my 83 year old mom. I haven't seen her or my car for awhile.

1996 Eldo

646467, 03/28/2003
2dr Coupe

Its been a great car just wish I had bought the 4 door Seville since it is tough for people to access the back seat.

eldorado

steve miller, 10/13/2002
Touring 2dr Coupe

These car is extremely fun to drive albeit the 300hp ETC tends to "nosetail" at full push. Get it with Bose system and the ride only gets better. It lumbers in evasive manuevers, but the sheer "push you back in your seat" will impress. This car depreciates so bad, it's a great buy in any used condition. Reliability?? Too much fun to think about the fact this car has 3 fuseboxes.

1996 Cadillac

Desrat, 03/15/2002
2dr Coupe

We have been very happy with this car. It's beauty and performance.

eldorado

Steve Miller, 10/13/2002

good car

Mr B, 10/01/2002
2dr Coupe

Only had to due oil changes. No problems whatsoever

1996 eldorado

96eldo, 07/21/2004
2dr Coupe

Bought it used and have enjoyed every mile. Strong and comfortable. Solid car.

51050