Used 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Eldorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A Luxury Hot Rod

ssspump, 10/18/2010
Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome!! Mine is the Metallic Maroon with the Tan leather. With the Cadillac chrome wheels, it is definitely an eye catcher. The Northstar engine purrs like a kitten, the brakes are very confident building, and the ride is great. I really can't find much negative to say about the car, but for a car that is 14 plus years old, I will put it up against many of the later products, foreign or domestic. For the investment, it is one of the smartest that I can think of.

Sold on Caddy

Eldorado man, 03/12/2010
2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

Best Car!

manhattanpaul, 03/06/2007
2dr Coupe

I bought my car off of eBay for a great price. I slapped some 19 inch staggered rims on it and that was all I needed to do to it. I have owned 3 Mercedes, 2 Fords, and currently I also own a 2003 GMC Denali. I prefer driving my used Cadillac any day over my $50,000 truck. This car screams elegance. Its shape is timeless. Maybe just the headlights could use some updating.

Excellent car

my caddy, 06/14/2008
2dr Coupe

Not only is my caddy fun to drive, it`s a horse, on pulling & pickup, my caddy will go as fast as I want it to, it has 150 on the speedometer & I have absolutely no doubt, that it would do that & more. You would have no problem, from the pony cars, for it has a really fast pickup & when you`re doing, maybe 35 & kick it, it will snap your head back & take away your breath. I`m not bragging, I know this personally, to be absolutely, true.

Trouble starting

jems, 10/13/2008
2dr Coupe

I inherited this car from my father and thought I would be able to keep it forever. It rides nicely and I've learned how to handle it. As it has aged, it doesn't start up right away. We takes bets on how many times I have to turn the key before the engine starts each day. Then it is fine for the rest of the day. My mechanic can't fix it. I am afraid to get stuck too far away from home. But I still keep it for sentimental value.

Still Awesome After All These Years!

T-Man, 02/12/2009
2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Great Value and Performance

ricardo719, 05/18/2009
2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Lovin' the best Caddy ever made

Planemanx15, 01/24/2008
2dr Coupe

Im a college student who bought my '96 Eldo, shale with a black rag top, in Jan 07 to travel 50 miles back and forth to school. Since then i have put a cold air intake, dual Flowmaster exhaust, tint, and changed all the speakers to pioneers, dice too:) Even stock this car turned heads but now is incredable. I have overheated and had to pull over (thought I seized the engine) only to find out it was the a\c compressor, other then that, there have never been any major problems. I show the car every week at the local car show and get great comments all the time. It seems Cadillac may be coming out with a CTS coupe, which looks pretty close to the Eldo, maybe there gonna bring back this style

Great "Blingmobile"

Ross Caputo, 01/08/2006
2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado used with 36,000 miles on it. The previous owner added wire wheels, vogue tires, atainless rocker panels, wheel well fender trim, and white Landau top. The paint is a beautiful metallic maroon. I constantly get positive comments from passers-by. It has a very responsive Northstar engine and holds the road really well. My previous car was a '92 Eldorado, black with a cream interior in great shape but when I happened upon this car I was really taken by the look. I had to have it. Having experienced some repair costs with my prevoius Eldorado I decided to purchase a warranty plan with this one. Cadillac dealer repairs are extremely expensive. I look forward to driving this car, too bad they've dropped production.

FUN TO DRIVE

snagy, 05/10/2005
2dr Coupe

I bought my Cadillac Eldorado with 28,000 miles on it in 2003. I just love to drive this thing. Its performance and comfort are great. I did get an extended warranty when I bought the car, which has paid for itself. I had to replace a swaybar. Other than that, I've had to perform just normal maintenance, like tune ups, plugs and wires, oil changes, and stuff like that. These things are expensive if you take it to the dealer. I suggest a local mechanic that specializes in Cadillacs.

51050