Used 2010 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

A Great Luxury Sedan!
By Auto Terry

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, I drove many cars before picking the DTS, Lincoln was a very close second! But I choose the DTS for Ride, Comfort, Quiet Cabin and pure size. It is a big car with ROOM. When looking at Lexus, Audi, Infinity or BMW, you will spend more money. Plus you have to use premium fuel at .50 plus more per gallon ad the performance is not as smooth as the Northstar V8! On regular fuel i get 18MPG around town and have got 25 MPG on a trip, running 70MPH and our luggage and presents for the Grandkids! The professional reviews if you want to call them look toward the status symbol of a name plate. I looked at pure car comoparison not an image of how I arrive, after all isn.t that what driving a car is all about. Sure the car floats, that is luxury. What do people do buy a luxury car with real tight handling and take it to the track? Get serious. I own a Z06 Corvette for that. And I will tell you the Caddy is no slouch! Not as tight as European cars, but I bought a luxury car. The massaging seat are superb on a long drive, Bose stereo sounds great. And when I look at the dash it is straight forward, easy to use. Some of the other cars I looked at including Lexus and Toyota Avalon and the above, there were so many confusing controls that were not ergonomically designed, it made you wonder. I am driving the car not operating and airliner. Infinity, BMW and Audi were the worst set of dash controls. Now to the car, if anything breaks it is half the cost of other parts, the same base components are made in high quantities as they are on the GM cars and less than competitors. The dealer has been great. The car has only need normal wearable maintenance items. No big scheduled service appointment for required maintenance that cost $1800 like some of the others. I have taken good care of the car and the fit and finish is perfect, nothing has come loose or ever left me down! Does it look dated, no it is a classic look. And when driving it the seats are like the recliner at home, not a hugging seat with tight seat bolsters (save those for racing seats) pure comfort. The engine is smooth and steady, always there when you need power and quiet! The NAV is now a tad outdated, but that is technology. I have owned many luxury brands including Benz and some of the above and the Caddy is a keeper!

Expensive ride
By Edna Moore

2010 Cadillac DTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Replaced string of Brake lights on trunk 2 time no cost to me. Replaced water pump at 6500 miles $900. 74000 miles oil leak was told the North Star engine was notorious for this by dealer $3000. Power steering leaking 1500. to fix. Lights on dash flicker all the time.

Love this car!
By Dayvn quin

2010 Cadillac DTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it new love to drive it. it's all around an amazing car. I would recommend it to anyone!

Very Disappointing
By 1george

2010 Cadillac DTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always dreamed of owning a Cadillac. Now, I own a DTS and my dream is broken. I drive for Uber and looked at Lincoln Mkx,Town Car,Chrysler 300 and the DTS I selected the DTS based on back seat size and FWD.The car is comfortable and the FWD works well. However, this car rides like crap.The front end bottoms out over the slightest bump in the road. I took it to the dealer to ask about this and they told me that a lot of DTS owners complain about this problem and they told me there was nothing I can do to improve the ride.
This is the worst driving car I've ever owned.

bluetooth,turning lamps

Since the DTS has been discontinued, my suggestions will be moot. The wheels, They are a two piece unit with chrome plated plastic. Really? on a Cadillac? The chrome is pealing off. This was a front wheel drive vehicle in production for eight years, why is there a drive shaft hump in the car?

From Avalon To DTS
By devdon

2010 Cadillac DTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have now had my DTS for 2 years (23,000MI).
I think I have experience enough now to say, having owned a 09 Avalon previously....there is no comparasion.
The Avalon is far superior.
The gentlemen that said there is no comparasion has apparently not driven the Avalon.
My DTS started with front wheel balancing problems.
After ordering 2 sets for me it still feels that I'm driving it unbalanced.
And it took several attempts to get them to do that.
Fit and finish both interior and exterior are sub-par.
Road and wind noise is pronounced and the engine noise is extremely annoying.
The only reason I can see why anyone would buy one is the "name".
That was my reason..mistake.

I cannot think of any favorite features other than other people see you and say "He finally arrived". Since I'm going to be on the inside only I now look at the comfort offered by other automobiles such as the Avalon and now especially the Chrysler 300 (test drove one the other day and quiet isn't the word....you can acutally listen to the radio without wind and engine noise.) Oh yes, one other favorite is the roominess esp. the back, but I don't have people in the back seat.

Improve fit and finish.