Used 2016 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

World Class Car
By Fred

2016 Cadillac CTS Performance 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned several Audis and BMWs. The CTS drives and rides better than any of them.

Worst resale
By Rhicks

2016 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Not happy with resale. Paid 60k for the car and a year later it's only worth 24k. Sad,, very sad....

The Cadillac of CTSs
By Karl

2016 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I couldn't be happier with my 2016 CTS. The car looks fantastic, and aggressive, from every angle -- classic Cadillac. And the CTS 3.6 AWD has the performance to back up its looks, with tremendous acceleration (0-60 in 5.3 seconds), razor-sharp handling, and confident braking. The interior is beautifully designed and crafted, including aromatic leather seats, a pleasing and logical dash design, and natural grain wood trim. I find the driver's seat as comfortable as any I've ever sat in, and was able to achieve the perfect driving position after a few days of fiddling. I'm also enamored of the 13-speaker Bose Centerpoint sound system, which produces striking musical fidelity; the excellent navigation system; and the extra-large panoramic sunroof. Between the CTS's cosseting interior and raging performance, I thoroughly enjoy my commute to and from work, particularly on the back roads that I take to avoid traffic. I also look forward to chauffeuring my son around to his various activities, and would note that there is ample room in the back for child car seats, not to mention tall adults. As for maintenance (i.e., changing the oil and other fluids and rotating the tires), it's free for four years, and my local Cadillac dealer treats me like a rock star. I've had zero problems with this car, and highly recommend it.

Car is really nice but suspension?
By Greg

2016 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have 14,500 miles on this car. Excellent engine performance, braking & handling. I do like it except for 1 serious fault. The suspension is shockingly harsh, especially the front. When going over bumps like highway milled to paved surfaces the transition patches/ramps can't be absorbed smoothly unless I slow to 60 mph. At 70 mph it is so loud and jarring it feels like it bottoms out so hard it is alarming. I'm afraid a wheel will break. On a highway followers don't expect you to slow from 70-75 to 60 to navigate these bumps but I can't stand the shock. Any bump or hole with an acute transition angle will jar your teeth and attention. This is in Touring Mode where you'd expect a softer ride. It has Pirelli all season P Zero Nero run flats P245/40 R18 93V tires on stock Turbo wheels and pressures are maintained properly. I will finally ask the dealership what's up and take a stock CTS for a ride to see what difference exists. Some say it's the run flats but the jarring just seems too extreme for that to be the reason. After all they aren't solid rubber. Finally, my daughter bought a 2017 Mazda CX-5 and has all the active features, warnings, etc. including active cruise for $34k. Seems odd I don't have active cruise for the $56K it listed for. I could have optioned up but it wasn't worth it. The car has lots of nice features and CUE is easy enough to understand and the Apple Car Play is great. Engine Stop is annoying but at least it can be turned off just not permanently. I gave it 4 stars overall but consider it 3.5 stars unless I can solve the Harshness. If I do I'll be back to update.

Nick's Caddy
By Nick olheiser

2016 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Love it!