Used 2005 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Century Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Best low repair/maintenance I've ever experienced
By Tara

2005 Buick Century Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The only concern that I had with this car was the blind spot seemed more than other cars that I've driven and owned during my 56 years. Other than this, the car truly was the lowest maintenance/repair cost of any vehicle I've driven or owned to date, and I've own a few cars during my day. I give it an A++ for reliability and get up and go. I'm also a person of 5'2" and the seats were great, my back did not sit off the back of the seat as it does in most cars because the seat is usually longer than my hip to knee area which causes my back to not sit flush with the back of the seat; this can cause great discomfort and lower back pain. I had no such problem with this car while all of my taller friends never complained once about being uncomfortable so that is a win/win for tall and short drivers and passengers!! This quality is a big one in my book. No complaints and lots of compliments go to the 2005 Buick Century! Really a great car, great A/C and great stereo as well, the other big factors as far as my likes are concerned.

One of the most reliable cars I've owned
By RJ Gargus

2005 Buick Century Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

It's the last of the full-size Century, built on same chassis as the Chevrolet Impala. And, and probably the last affordable Buicks. Makes a great, comfortable 4 passenger car with great power, fuel millage for a full-size-I average around 24 in-town and close to 30 on road. Highly recommended.

05 Century
By pradley

Excellent gas mileage for large car aprox 35 Hiway US Gallon
quality excellent
only problem replaced Brake rotors twice but they are very inexpensive
Body still looks good after 7 winters

toyota to buick
By John Eagle

2005 Buick Century Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned Geo metros, Toyota corollas, and other cars. The 2005 Century I bought shocked me with 36 mpg on a 1000 mile trip. My 1999 corollas only got 38 max. I was so impressed that I bought another used Century (1999). Why buy small cars when the comfort/power/reliability of a Century gets near same mpg? My 16 yr old son didn't want me to get a "grandpa car", but he sure loves it now that it's his! Dependable, reliable, affordable but I was careful in my research and examination of used Centurys. I walked away from some "bargains" because I found rust carefully concealed or the engine/ride didn't sound/feel right. I'm going to buy one more soon!

Give me a break. These Centurys are comfortable, have great reputations, are reliable and affordable. People that desire more and more sporty/luxury have gotten our country/world into the mess it's in now.

2005 Buick Century Special Edition
By George from KC.

2005 Buick Century Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been an excellent performing car. The Special Edition Package sets it off. The leather interior, dual automatic temperature controls, and chrome wheels are great and generally found only in more expensive automobiles. Never a reliability problem. Mileage runs 23- 25 city and 30-32 highway. May not do quite that well with an ethanol mix, but still close.

Leather interior, automatic temperature controls, chrome wheels, smooth and comfortable ride, good gas mileage.

Needs a tachometer.