Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 267 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

My Audi Experience
By Daniel Salazar

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for about 1 1/2 years. I bought the car for $3,000 but ever since I've had to change coils and spark plugs left and right. Oil and Power Steering seems impossible to get them to stop leaking. I just replaced the motor and catalytic converter, fuel pump, suspension, axles, a ton of interior parts, oil sensor and turbo. I did get the car with a ton of miles though. I believe it had about 215k. It was a stupid discussion on buying it. When I first got the car about 2 months with it I had put about 3.5k into it just to get the checking engine light off that at that point I had put tooooo much money to sell it. I keep having to put money into this car every 2-3 month to keep it running smooth. With all that said, the car drives amazing car doesn't make any noise beside when you step on it. Its super comfortable and pretty fast for the weight of the car. The Quattro is the best thing ever! Handles better then any car i've driven.

I'll take issue with BMW
By Love the Germans

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

BMW claims "the ultimate driving machine". I would take this car any day of the week over a 3 series. Very fun to drive with little to no issues over the past 6+ years. Like all German car part and repairs are not cheap. That said I have had nothing major happen with my car but I do not allows little things go unchecked. If you do the maintenance and stay on top of the warnings you can get 200K or more miles out of these cars. A little word to anyone interested in buy a German car, run premium fuel. They like it better and will save you money in the long run!!!!

Take care of it and it will take care of you
By ck

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 8 years and 100k miles. I bought it from the first owner with 85,000 miles. It now has 200,185. In the ten years I have owned it, I have religiously changed the oil every 5k miles with Mobil 1 0w40 and Mahle oil filter. I have done all the work on this car myself (timing belt 2X... thank you Blauparts, all control arms, shocks, brakes and various sensors). Now that the car is getting older, there have been more aging items to replace (vacuum hoses, fuel pump, more sensors... this car has a ton). If you are not interested in maintaining the car, don't get it; it will be a major headache. If you can maintain the car, it will be one of the best cars you have every owned. Amazingly stable and confident driving in all road conditions. Comfortable and well laid out interior. I particularly love that it was one of the last generations before they started stocking them full of touch screen and navigation displays that distract. Also, one of the last generations to have the sport suspension and six speed manual with the 6 cylinder and "luxury" interior. It’s a car that doesn’t need all the infotainment garbage because the experience of driving is the enjoyment.

Excellent car
By Sasa

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

02 audi a4 1.8t quattro manual speed. I owned it for a very long time and now has 233765 miles on it with still original head gasket, starter, turbo, alternator. No engine leaks and performs fantastic. No issue on shifting or anything else. Just a regular maintenance. AMS oil every 4000 miles, and 93 octane and it goes. I love it. Always Audi owner.

Love my red a4 3.0 quattro
By Andy Wessels

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, super fun to drive. Plenty of torque at normal rpm range and lots of grip around the corners! Front seats are plush and comfy although rear seating is tight. Car is equipped with power everything; mirrors, sunfoof, windows, seats, etc... This car's grip, power, and planted feel blew my mind when I first test drove it. Before i had a 2001 passat 2.8, and this thing just runs circles around that. Great car that i would recommend.

CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) allows the RPMs to jump into the power band any time you step on the gas. Gas pedal is linear so you can be precise with how much power you want, and the kickdown when you put the pedal to the metal is no joke. Heated seats front and rear are nice. Great stock stereo. Quattro paired with the v6 makes this thing unstoppable in the snow. In my opinion the a4 is the most handsome of all the B6 (2002-2005) audis.

Gas mileage isnt the greatest (average 18-20mpg). Rear seats are tight. Car does have some electrical problems with broken sensors and stuff but thats typical of older audis, nothing major or too expensive. Unfortunately for tinkerers there are not very many performance upgrades available for the 3.0, although there are a few.