Used 2000 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Awesome, but high cost of ownership
By juuls

2000 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This was the most luxurious and fastest car I ever owned. I previously came from a Jetta that didnt have traction control. Minnesota winters suck so I thought id try out the Audi A4 Quattro. Handled like a beast! I had to sell to pay for college, but I had hose leak which caused an annoying serpentine belt squeak. Found out from the new owner that the front axel snapped and blew out the motor mount, very unfortunate. had 137k
IF youre gonna buy one, get the carfax, and make sure timing belt, water pump, suspension drag link and CV boot and all that have been inspected or replaced! the 00' was the most reliable model in my opinion.

Audi Symphony and the 1.8L turbo is pretty amazing as well. Loved the black leatherette interior. Seats are very comfy and lots of leg room in front and back. Also loved the sun roof. Kinda want my A4 back now!! If you get an A4, get a manual, you will love it.

Everyone knows about the design flaws of the suspension components. Change window regulator design.

Bad luck or actual crap of a vehicle
By Suckered

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my kid. The car had 121k miles which isn't much from the reviews I have read on this vehicle. But,after owning it for less than 2 weeks it was in the shop. 4 months later, I stuck over three grand into this vehicle and it won't stop breaking. It seems like as soon as I fix one thing, another one breaks. I am ready to take it to auction.

exterior looks, heated seats

get the price down for repairs!!!! I am broke!

Greatest ski car
By Seattle skier

2000 Audi A4 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

7 winters of driving up the mountain to ski and this car has seen it all. Truly unbelievable in the snow and ice. Very fun to drive, likes to corner fast and enjoys staying up above 3000 rpm. Perfect Seattle vehicle.

Quattro Bose audio, Cargo room

more horsepower ;)

It is what it is...
By Chris

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

When you buy an Audi you have to accept it for what it is. My 2000 A4 1.8 Front Track has 150,000 as of yesterday. I've put 65,000 on it in my 5 years of ownership. Right now the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but rather than be obsessed with those lights, I just keep on driving. I think people should stop trying to keep the 'check engine' light out and just accept the fact that Audis have issues. However, that doesn't prevent them from being an outstanding car. My Audi at 150,000 has many issues, but it also starts, stops, and gets me where I need to go. It's fun and has always been dependable.

Steering, shifting, handling, interior styling.

Manual shut off of dashboard lights if desired.

Ultimate Audi
By Ultimate Avant

2000 Audi A4 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This is by far the greatest car I've owned. You can't beat this Quattro in the snow. Just awesome. Vehicle is built like a tank. Go from Hondas all your life to an Audi, it's night and day. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

The red lighted interior. Soft leather seats for being 10 years old. Outside, the vehicle still looks very modern.

Better gas mileage would be nice, that's about it.