My Wife's Car
By Railfan on
2001 Volvo V70 XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
On Nov. 03 of 2001, my wife and I purchased or second Volvo. The first was a new 1988 740 Turbo (which still runs as well as the day we drove it home). As the '88 was approaching 14 years of age, we thought that a newer vehicle should transport both my wife and son. My wife spotted her soon-to- be-new car on the dealer's lot of Bozzani Volvo (Covina, CA) when, one day she dropped the '88 740 off for its usual servicing. As she was walking through the lot, she spotted the 2001 Cross Country (dark blue) and, in short, the rest is history. To those who report that the Volvo is the next best thing to a tank, we agree.
Favorite Features
For a vehicle of this size and weight, it is surprisingly quite agile. The radio system and a/c climate control are top notch---all in all, a good package for a vehicle in the $33,000 to 40,000 price range. Viscous all wheel drive system is a winner.
Suggested Improvements
A little more power would be nice in its standard (for Cross Country) engine; the 197 hp "light Boost" turbo (our '88 "four banger" 2.3 liter four turbo is much quicker, then again, the '88 is a lighter car).