EXCELLENT car, but not without a few caveats.
By kmck on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I bought this car after much deliberation and test driving numerous other models. This car is, by far, the best car for the money, and overall I love it. I have only a couple issues. 1) the car is pretty underpowered when the A/C is running. I like zippy, and would expect a little more zip, but it's still pretty good overall. 2) THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM. Dear Jesus. It's not terrible, per say, but it needs some bug fixing STAT. Sometimes trying to find a specific address is a pain. Oh, and the iPod connector supplied in the glove box is a little iffy at times. It lags when switching songs, every so often it will glitch and not play, but overall these are very small issues.
Favorite Features
The value! Where else can you get a beautiful, German-made sedan with leatherette interior, satellite radio, navigation, sunroof, etc, etc. for under $25k out the door, brand new? I always get compliments on the car by strangers and a lot of people assume it's more expensive than it really is (unless, of course, you're a VW aficionado). I definitely recommend this car to anyone on the market wanting the most bang for their buck. Also, VW has been awesome from the start. For instance, when I had a minor recall for the horn, they sent me a $50 visa card as their way to say sorry for the inconvenience and show their commitment to me. I'm in love with them, to be honest.
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't mind the navigation to be altered a bit. It would be ideal if they could pair up with GoogleMaps and get the interface/back end working similarly to it, but that might be asking for a bit much. A little more horsepower wouldn't hurt, either. The A/C makes it drag so badly. And finally, I don't understand all the reviews saying the car was dumbed down to be less costly for the consumer. I think the car looks amazing, the materials used are MUCH better than the competitors, and it is overall a well-made vehicle. I give it an A-.