Perfect in all but an A/C way
By pekingrick on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I bought my Jetta Sportwagen TDI in May 2011, and now have 99,000 km on it. I've religiously followed the recommendations for the servicing of the car (only 1 oil can be bought at Pep Boys - at 13.00 per Liter!), but have changed the tires to Nitto Motivos (wow! great tires!), and change my air filters myself. So far - I'm on the original ceramic brake pads. Very cool.
Favorite Features
The fuel economy (well, I DID get 47.7 mpg on the Lake Havasu Trip). The handling - spot on! The build-quality (amazingly good). The premium sound system is great (but the SiriusXM cuts out at odd moments for "linking" concerns). In short- this is my first VW -and except for the A/C repair? I've not done a thing to it except normal wear and tear/maintenance stuff! Highly recommended indeed!
Suggested Improvements
The A/C went out last weekend on a trip to Lake Havasu City, AZ. Of course, it was "only" 46 C outside- and of COURSE there was no A/C in the car, except a little teeny tiny bit.....good Lord. I took it to the dealer, who determined that the compressor was blown - at a cost of $1384 to fix....YIKES. VW needs to spend some money on A/C technology. The DRG tranny shouldn't cost $475 to service. Should it? A larger Navigation screen, with more mapping detail, would be awesome. The standard one is pretty darned small. Finally- the car sometimes "bucks" a bit a very low parking lot speeds. It's very easy to modulate and eliminate, but it's something I'd ask VW to review if possible.