Used 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Poor Quality
By t1

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and power.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota, stand behind your engine until you get the bugs out.

Aggravated
By John in Houston

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Favorite Features

Roomy and comfortable. I like the size of the bed.

Suggested Improvements

Need to return to the quality Toyota used to be known for, and stand behind this product. Customer support was not helpful.

Expected so much more
By Chris

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for a year and a half now and it's falling apart. None of the lights work inside, I can not turn up or down the volume on the radio, the steering has gotten so loose and I could swear the tie rods are broke. I had high hopes for this truck but no go.

Favorite Features

Engine power and 6 speed tranny.

Suggested Improvements

Put more Toyota quality in it!

6 Months Later.. Still Love It!!
By FordInAToyota

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 6 months since we purchased our '07 in April '08. And we have no regrets. We don't haul anything big like trailers, but we do a lot of activities like paddling, fishing, diving, surfing and wanted something that was nice, reliable and could go anywhere. The truck is thirsty and living on Maui with no freeways probably doesn't help fuel consumption. However we did choose the Bigger V8 for fun and not fuel consumption. Taken the 4x4 TRD off road and I have not had to put it into 4 LOW. Truck is too wide to get into areas that most jeeps can get too. I've put 10,000 miles in 6 months and changed the oil twice. No problems to report of. A good buy. Gets a lot of oohs/ahs.

Favorite Features

Roominess. Hydraulic truck bed. Great ground clearance. Major Power. Huge brakes. Full size but still fits in normal stalls. Sliding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo system. Cluttered gauges.