2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Whats wrong with my brakes?

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Whats wrong with my brakes?
By Jayr on

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my car in May of this year as a used vehicle. I loved it until last week. I was sitting in my car, which was off, when i turned the car on it asked me to get to a level ground and take the e-brake off. I would have except I was on level ground, the e-brake was off and my car wouldn't start. My dashboard had all my brake lights on. 4 hours of assistance and towing and they told me it was my battery. Exactly one week later, I was driving down the highway, less than a mile from my exit when my car started making a beep noise, and again ALL my brake lights came on. This time my car was in motion and the brake pedal would not work, it was rock stiff as I went 60 mph on an exit ramp.

Like i said, I loved my car until it became dangerous. I risked my life trying to get off a highway. I barely missed another car on the off ramp before i pulled the wheel hard left at the intersection and my car shut off and would not start.

My car is now at the dealership & the company has no idea what is wrong with it. I do not want my car back as I am afraid they will tell me the problem is fixed again, but as you can see it was not fixed the first time. My car averaged 45 mpg, was not horrible uncomfortable & like i said i loved it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review