Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Drive for a living
By Stacey

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive for a living 300 miles a day in my forenza. Yes I had to change the selt belt but that was free. Other then normal required maintance; my car has been perfect. Gas mileage is great for the size of the car since I fill up the tank everyday. Although the tires come in one size; you can actually have one size bigger put on and its been cheaper and has gotten better gas mileage. For someone who drives for a living; it has been a great vechile.

Interior size

The turning radius of the vechile is short; and the powerstirring pump needs improvment.

WARNING: WORST CAR EVER OWNED!
By chelbel4

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car less the three years and have had over 8 major problems! Everything brakes all the time and not the regular ware and tare. The gas tank had problems, the windshield montior already went, door handle broke, the rims crack if you hit a pothole and the check engine light is always on due to default censors. Plus the dealers, service dept. and customer serivce are uncaring and unhelpful.

NONE, worst car!!!!

The speakers blew after too weeks! The warrentey that they pride themselfs on his horrible! I had to pay $100 (on lease) for them to tell me my windshield wipers didnt work, DUH thats why i brought it there!

Suzuki Costumer
By proud costumer

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of complaints and I don't think that they are necessary. It's a $13000 car, what do you expect, a tuned engine from BMW and Mercedes and Audi? This car is not built well but should last you a good 3 years. I don't like the gas mileage but it is a great upgrade from a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 14mpg city 17mpg highway so I think it is a good car, even though it won't last you 10 years like a Camry. I would consider it if you are looking for a good used car.

Speed and roomy. Big cargo space. Stylish. Cheap!

Gas mileage 27.8 highway compared to a Corolla 32.4 highway

Overall Disappointment
By RCassell

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got my Forenza I absolutely loved it, the styling and ride were seemingly above class. I purchased it used with 6,000 miles on it. Then, when it hit 20k miles, there was a problem with the brakes and it wouldn't go into gear. Needless to say, the brakes are only covered to 12k miles. Now, the door handle fell off, my speedometer is off by 5+ mph depending on your intended speed, a valve gasket is blown, and the power steering pump needs to be replaced. It only has 33k miles on it! This shouldn't happen, and while the warranty covers it, I'm still disappointed that I spent 10k on this when I could have bought a different make and had less problems.

Interior styling, handling, sporty feel. I love the roomy interior, and the pull down cup holders in the back seat. Plenty of trunk space, and I get better fuel economy than estimated (30-33 mpg mixed driving).

Don't sacrifice quality for better looking. The interior and exterior look nice, but if the car doesn't run, a pretty look doesn't do me a darn bit of good. I won't ever buy another Suzuki or recommend them to anyone.

Buyer beware
By heather_2011

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my beloved Oldsmobile that has 175,000 miles on it for our current Suzuki Forenza that had 30,000. It seemed like a smart idea since we drive between states quite a bit. Were we ever wrong! From the get go this car has been nothing but trouble. I had it into the dealership 5 times for the same problem, corporate offices had to step in and fix it finally. Now it is parked because it won't start and with paying a car payment I just don't have the money to have it into the shop every other week. This was the first car that I have owned that is considered foreign. I'll never do it again.

The price. It was very cheap and there is a reason.

Suzuki needs to take a long and hard look at the craftsmanship and quality of the vehicles they produce. If you go to their website they say they produce quality vehicles and that their first priority is their customers. They need to live up to this statement.