2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Never Again
By Very Unhappy on 04/30/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a problem from the first month of purchase. First it would jut die while driving, then it idled all over the place, transmission (automatic) is rough and jumps a bit coming out of 2nd gear. And now the engine began making alot of noise so I took it in and the repairs are not being covered by that oh so wonderful warranty. I have been told three different causes for this trouble from the samw dealership mechanic. I don't believe they know what they are doing there. I will never own another suzuki again! Poor quality and poor customer service!

Hit or Miss
By Tigran on 11/13/08 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Problems are minor so far. Bought it almost brand new with 4k miles on. AC needs repair every summer, but was covered by warranty so were some recalls. Fuel economy is fair but should be a lot better. Lacks power but overall good value for the money.

Long Travels!
By Steven on 10/09/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would have to say that this little car has very good fuel economy (28/31mpg). I bought the car new and have really put it through its paces. I have taken it from southern Kentucky down to Miami at about 1100 miles, three times. Most of the miles put on this car are highway. A/C went out after about 36000 miles with the warranty running out at 35000. The seat cloth pulls away and doesn't matter if you put it back on track or not. Its a five speed so that may be why I am gettting better gas mileage than most of the reviews. I had to take it in for some recalls with the water pump and my dim lights went out because of the wirring harness. Overall not impressed but it's still running.

Great Hauler
By Drumdonald on 08/09/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this wagon when my pick up died (of course in front of the dealership). I looked really smart because the price of gas went through the roof right after I bought it. The only problems I have had was first it eats tires which I remedied by going to a 60 series tire instead of the 55 that it comes with. The other problem was when a critter ate the wire harness. The dealer fixed and was able to get most of the cost covered under warranty. I get over 30 mpg and drive the care everyday to work and to drumming jobs. The car holds so much that we take on our vacations even though my wifes car is bigger. It is great car but too bad Suzuki has discontinued it for 09.

I love this car
By Heather on 04/14/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought it new in 2005, I saw it on the delivery truck and told the salesman that was the one I wanted. Most people say that was a gamble but I know how great Suzuki's are. I also had a Suzuki Swift that has over 200,000 miles on it and has only had to have oil changes brake pads and such. I tell everyone buy Suzuki.

Pretty Good For The Money!
By Money Maker on 03/16/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first I doubted Suzuki's quality but I was wrong. This car has been for the most part reliable. I've had few minor issues but nothing major such as recalls but other than that not much of anything. I found out GM Daewoo created these cars for Suzuki and I guessed there's a pile of junk but I've seen much improvement through Daewoo. For the price you get a decent car with a good amount of features.

Worst Car Experience
By adam on 02/29/08 06:39 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has many electrical, and powertrain problems that may not be detected until after the standard and powertrain warranty. There are so many complaints floating around that raises questions about Suzuki Auto's quality control. Not every vehicle is free of problems, but this is ridiculous. My advice, avoid the Forenza at all costs. The 2005 Forenza Wagon and other problematic models should be put out of their misery. Save your money, do your research, and invest in a more reliable auto. Don't even get me started on trying to get repairs done on this. This by far is the worst car experience I've ever had. :(

Warranty not good enough
By Allen Holloway on 06/09/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in '05 and didn't have any trouble the first year. In the last 12 months, I've replaced the exhaust system due to catalytic converter failure and the entire a/c system which isn't covered under the 100,000 mile warranty and cost me $2,000.00. I don't get the gas mileage that is advertised either. The ride is okay. A lot of extras come standard on this car such as power windows, cd player and tilt wheel. Overall I'm satisfied with the car, I would like to see the 100,000 mile warranty cover everything.

Happy so far
By Mstarr on 05/21/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Forenza now for 2 years. No major problems except for the seat fabric keeps coming off. Fuel mileage is poorer than expected. Ride is ok.

Great car for the price I paid
By Rubens on 04/09/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of features is standard in the car, as a 4 wheel disk brakes, power mirror, windows and lock, roof rack. 24 MPG in the city and 30 MPG in the freeway, I did many travel on this winter and the average was 30 MPG (5 speed).