2003 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Great Car
By mancow on 11/08/12 04:32 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 My work round trip is 184 miles my car just went over 402000 miles I have had no problems. Just oil changes and two set of brake pads and at 250000 clutch presure plate thowout bearing all which are wearout parts.

happy/unhappy
By terry goins on 05/12/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

miles good/gas good ride is great.body work could have been better,bumpers front and back had to replace both too low to ground.radio,cd player out sometimes the radio will come on but not stay on station.has to replace four other parts,i change my all my oils and fluides on reg basis.wheel bearings out on front wheel hard to find parts.

Poor exterior
By OkByMe on 01/05/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and has been reliable. I like the standard features. I've put an additional 70,000 without a mechanical problem, however the body integrity is poor. The bumber is too low and scapes on too many things. The bumber is ready to fall off. Also the 6 CD play no longer works, some dash lights don't work properly. Gas mileage is so-so. It has worked well but I would look at a Toyota first.

Love this car (even after 94K miles)
By Anonymous on 06/11/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the bang for your buck by far. The best purchase I have ever made. I purchased my slightly used 2003 4 door S trim sedan in 2004 for just under $10K. It now has 94,000 miles and I've never had a problem with the engine. I have only had minor problems with the cd player and the piece of the bumper that detaches to minimize damage from towing. This car is incredibly reliable, has good pickup, and is safe and fun to drive. The cabin and trunk are very roomy despite the small appearance of the car. The height of the cabin is great for tall people.

Good value, exactly what I expected
By brian on 03/09/08 01:18 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car, mostly short range commuting first few years now my college kid son has it and puts few hwy miles on it. Excellent fuel economy, sporty ride and looks. Had to put a new clutch in at 53k. Possibly due to some student drivers learning to drive a manual trans. The wobbly side mirrors are a recall item I have not got to yet. CD player has a disc stuck in it, outside temp light is burned out... minor things that can go after many years of good service. Never let me down mechanically. As is probably the norm, wife gets the nice ride, kids get the safe, dependable ride.

What a fun little car!!
By ACERANGER on 11/07/07 22:00 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aerio with 67k miles on it and man what a great little car! Great price point and good gas mileage. It is fun to drive and as a bigger guy I found myself strangly comfortable in this car and not pressed up against the window like some other cars. Overall a great and dependable car. Only thing I did was get 15" rims and tires, which helped with road noise and turning performance.

Can Anyone Get Parts for These Cars?
By dnrportch on 01/19/07 13:00 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You can't get parts for the Aerio in a timely manner. Example one: the transmission went out in 2006. It was still under extended warranty, but it took 6 weeks to get the parts and it had to be repaired twice. We have a great dealer. It's the car and the factory. The car runs fine now. Example two: after a low speed collision with a deer (he jumped on the hood while chasing another deer across the road in front of us!) we had two dealers try to order replacement parts on three separate occasions. The parts never arrived! It's been eighteen months. You should also know that the car is terrible in wet snow or snow over ice. It is geared too powerfully relative to the weight of the car. I like the gas mileage it gets, but would not buy another.

Beware
By Dinslaken on 10/28/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of value for the money and the first 48,000 miles were trouble free. The engine needed oil frequently, which is not that bad, but despite more maintenance than required, the engine blew at 48,560 miles, then the transmission went at 54,000 miles. The axle seals were replaced twice, and the brakes need replacement about every 10,000 miles. The worst part is that Suzuki refused to honor their "Best Warranty" on both occasions due to "lack of proven component failure." According to other owners, this problem is increasing. Suzuki was sued for both instances, and we were reimbursed by court order. Other than that....nice car!

good car watch resale value
By belden on 05/30/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have enjoyed this car. Moves well although not so fast at picking up speed and up major hills works hard. Winshield defrost is not so good. The left and right sides of windshiel do not defrost well. Usually have to scrape when frosted. Side mirrors not too stable, jiggle in the wind. Overall, decent car if you can get at a decent price.

Suzuki Aerio
By Amandam19 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car! The only dissapoint I see with it is lack of storage. There is a CD player, but no where to keep cd's! There is no center consol! That would be about the only thing! Its great on gas!