Used 2003 Suzuki Aerio S Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Great Car
By mancow

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 My work round trip is 184 miles my car just went over 402000 miles I have had no problems. Just oil changes and two set of brake pads and at 250000 clutch presure plate thowout bearing all which are wearout parts.

happy/unhappy
By terry goins

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

miles good/gas good ride is great.body work could have been better,bumpers front and back had to replace both too low to ground.radio,cd player out sometimes the radio will come on but not stay on station.has to replace four other parts,i change my all my oils and fluides on reg basis.wheel bearings out on front wheel hard to find parts.

good on gas,ride is good,size good

raido why did it stop

Poor exterior
By OkByMe

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and has been reliable. I like the standard features. I've put an additional 70,000 without a mechanical problem, however the body integrity is poor. The bumber is too low and scapes on too many things. The bumber is ready to fall off. Also the 6 CD play no longer works, some dash lights don't work properly. Gas mileage is so-so. It has worked well but I would look at a Toyota first.

Cruise control

More body intergrity.

Love this car (even after 94K miles)
By Anonymous

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the bang for your buck by far. The best purchase I have ever made. I purchased my slightly used 2003 4 door S trim sedan in 2004 for just under $10K. It now has 94,000 miles and I've never had a problem with the engine. I have only had minor problems with the cd player and the piece of the bumper that detaches to minimize damage from towing. This car is incredibly reliable, has good pickup, and is safe and fun to drive. The cabin and trunk are very roomy despite the small appearance of the car. The height of the cabin is great for tall people.

Design, speakers, soft fabric on the seats

The paint chips off the bumper too easily

Good value, exactly what I expected
By brian

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car, mostly short range commuting first few years now my college kid son has it and puts few hwy miles on it. Excellent fuel economy, sporty ride and looks. Had to put a new clutch in at 53k. Possibly due to some student drivers learning to drive a manual trans. The wobbly side mirrors are a recall item I have not got to yet. CD player has a disc stuck in it, outside temp light is burned out... minor things that can go after many years of good service. Never let me down mechanically. As is probably the norm, wife gets the nice ride, kids get the safe, dependable ride.

Safety, side air bags, split fold seats w/ trunk access! Sporty looks! Awesome mpg even in a hilly town at 6500 feet!

Popular standard features on imports often have pwr locks w/ windows package. This was kind of weird to just get the windows.