This car has served me well
By Degs on
1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe
I've had my Saturn for 6 years now, and am just now considering selling it because I need a bigger car. I have literally driven this car across the country and back, in the summer and winter, through mountains and desert and never had a problem. This car has been my baby and I've taken very good care of it. At around 125,000 miles I had the brakes replaced, and about 1000 miles later had to replace the heater core and thermostat. It has about 130,000 miles on it now and it needs a new front wheel bearing. The engine, transmission, clutch and exhaust have never given me any problems and still have no signs of wearing out. This has been a fun but reliable car for me, and I'll miss driving it.
Favorite Features
I drove 2100 miles for $150 when gas was about $3.50/gallon. This car has insane fuel economy when you use cruise control. Having plastic parts actually prevented this car from getting some serious body damage. It's been hit 4 times while parked, but only has some scratches to show for it.
Suggested Improvements
The seats aren't very comfortable. Marathon driving like I used to do gets pretty uncomfortable. Also, the interior is pretty cheap and easily damaged.