2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: good car but nothing special

2004 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2004 Nissan Maxima

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

good car but nothing special
By pv on

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a family friend 2 years ago. It is at 76k miles and has not had any major problems. I feel like the car is mid-range in every aspect. For instance, the V6 engine is responsive but nothing like a sports coupe. It gets decent gas mileage but nothing spectacular. I like the look and design of the interior, but the materials used makes it feel a little cheap. Overall I think this car is good at a lot of things but great at nothing. It looks and feels more sporty than my Mom's Camery, but has all the same practical uses. It is a rational choice for someone looking for a functioning car with a little more flare than your average sedan.

exterior and interior design. feels very big and roomy on the inside. large trunk. bose sound system.

I hated the orange LED used in the gauges and screen for a long time. I kind of got used to it now. I wish there wasn't a huge gap between the front fender and the front wheel. A one inch drop would change the whole look for the car in my opinion. The car is relatively noisy on the highway.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review