2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: good car but nothing special

2004 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

good car but nothing special
By pv on

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a family friend 2 years ago. It is at 76k miles and has not had any major problems. I feel like the car is mid-range in every aspect. For instance, the V6 engine is responsive but nothing like a sports coupe. It gets decent gas mileage but nothing spectacular. I like the look and design of the interior, but the materials used makes it feel a little cheap. Overall I think this car is good at a lot of things but great at nothing. It looks and feels more sporty than my Mom's Camery, but has all the same practical uses. It is a rational choice for someone looking for a functioning car with a little more flare than your average sedan.

exterior and interior design. feels very big and roomy on the inside. large trunk. bose sound system.

I hated the orange LED used in the gauges and screen for a long time. I kind of got used to it now. I wish there wasn't a huge gap between the front fender and the front wheel. A one inch drop would change the whole look for the car in my opinion. The car is relatively noisy on the highway.