2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Too many issues, now dealer wo

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Too many issues, now dealer won't fix, Nissan of Folsom problems
By stever343 on

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Everything was going pretty good until about 50,000 miles. I am getting a pulsating when letting off the gas, and a rough idle when cold. The 12 v outlet quit working. I brought it back to Future Nissan of Folsom, and they replaced the head! Thankfully I had the Nissan extended warranty, but they wouldn't allow me a rental, even though the extended warranty covers one! I get it back, idle is rough, bring it back, they say the reprogrammed it per some bulletin. The next morning, the idle is as rough as ever. Now the service guy, Rod, who had always been so nice, changes abruptly and tells me there's nothing wrong with my car. Now they won't take my calls and won't fix my car!

I like the good gas mileage and quiet ride.

Remove horn from center of steering wheel, the horn should be able to be reached from the edge of the steering wheel. What's that going to do if I honk my horn at some idiot and they wreck into me, and the air bag goes off with my hand on the horn? The key should have recessed buttons. Things shouldn't be happening just because I sit down. I go out, my trunk is open, windows down, or the horn is honking because the buttons get pressed too easily in my pocket.